Niagara on The Lake

gdelongchamp

I am heading down for some wine tours this weekend to Niagara with my wifey. SHE DOES NOT FISH AND THINKS ITS VALUABLE TIME WASTED. However, I am sure if I could get her on a decent sized fish her attitude may change considerably. I guess the best thing to do would be to go on a charter? I will not be taking my boat along.

I menitoned the g2g a couple days ago and she looked at me with discust saying, ""You would go somewhere and spend time with a bunch of people you met online??? "Good example for the kids." <_<

...I am sure if I could get her on a decent sized fish her attitude may change considerably.

Yikes, I dunno Guppy. It sounds like it'll take a lot more than that to turn your wife around about fishing. How 'bout you just do the wine tour thing with her all weekend and use it as 'brownie points' for the things you wanna do like go fishing.

Maid of the Mist docks for some monster smallmouth :)

I don't believe anglers are allowed by the docks any more. Problems with vandalism and liability.

Too early for the whirlpool. Send Paul at Cast Adventures a pm. He knows the river, upper and lower, very well. Puts you on fish.

Edited by bigugli

I don't believe anglers are allowed by the docks any more. Problems with vandalism and liability.

Too early for the whirlpool. Send Paul at Cast Adventures a pm. He knows the river, upper and lower, very well. Puts you on fish.

Thanks Italo and Aldo for that one on the Maid.....soon as those 2 episodes aired , one for bass, the other for salmon/steelies too much attention drawn to the spot, and so started the demize of yet another shore fishing hot spot :glare:

that was definately a gem of a spot in the day...60-70 bass mornings, big steelies, loads of salmon..I used to do alot of fishing down there.

as for fishing near NOTL...chances of pegging off a salmon in the Queenston area, smallie fishin is still really good all over the lower river/gorge area..just talked to a buddy the other day who was down there, he caught a big musky..on a bass he was reeling in :o:Gonefishing: , the lower river is one of those never know what you will catch kind of places.

As for Bigugli's suggestion of giving Paul at Cast Adventures a shout, he is a great guy to call for a charter down there, he knows how to put people on the fish, I have seen him out there in action a bunch of times, and have had the pleasure as well of a fun fishing/non-charter day on the water with him..he works hard at it and has a great time doing it :Gonefishing: