On this day, September 11, 2008 (NF)

Roy

lets not go there simcoe fisherman. this is a great post lets not bring politics into it so it gets locked.

jason

yes, lets keep this one on the level, but don't forget many people have died since 9/11...No need to asign blame, just teach your kids the value of human life, and how aweful war and needless killing is! And never forget how lucky we are here in Canada!!!

Yup Sep 11 changed my life for two reasons 9/11 and the year before my Mom passed away Sep 11

I remember I was in Petawawa on Top of a Truck getting a Cam net ready for an Exercise and looking down at a Soldier that was excited saying the World trade centres were under attack. The Next Day the Commanding Officer had the whole Unit on Parade and told us that the Canadian Military was on Red Alert and he was awaiting Orders from the Brigade Commander who Happened to be General Hilliar.

Incidentally, In 1981 we were doing on the job training in Wainwright AB before we would be shipped out to Chilliwack for our Engineer Course right after recruiting when a fellow mate told us an Interesting fact. He happened to be doing his Basic Infantry course with the PPCLI Battle School in Wainwright and relayed what he was taught that Day. He said that his Instructor told them that the greatest threat to Canada and the Canadian Military would be Terrorism. Who would think that, when, we were still in the Middle of the Cold War. It freaked all us kids and freaks me out to this day.