2 Quick Scugog reports

Jonaton

Last Sunday we headed out to Scugog, unfortunately due to a lost boat key we didn't hit the water until about 9:30 and it was a schorcher of a day. For the first 5 or so hours of the day you could have convinced me the lake was void of fish, not a snif. Then finally my buddy (caseone out here) lands a little half pound bass not even worth a picture. A few minutes later I got this little walleye and that was it for the day. First day in a long time that by the end of the day I really just wanted some shade and to get off the water, I swear I was medium rare, at least we finally remembered sunscreen.

DSC00011-1.jpg

This past Sunday we were planning on heading to Sturgeon but that fell throgh so we hit Scugog again. This day was the complete opposite, cold, wet and windy, it was however a better fishing day. As caseone had to attend a family dinner we had a very limited amount of time to fish and launched out of Port Perry, we usually launch off the Island and are not at all familiar with this side of the lake. Again the first couple hours were pretty uneventful another dink bass and then nothing. We headed up to the top of the Island and drifted along there. After a few minutes I hook into by far my personal best walleye. SInce we don't target them much it really wasn't much of an accoplishment. It wasn't measured of weighed so I have no idea.

DSC00013-1.jpg

A short while later caseone hooks into a beautiful Kawartha muskie. It was the most acrobatc fight I have ever seen, the fish made 4-5 good jumps clean out of the water.

DSC00016-1.jpg

We drifted a little more but the wind picked up and even with a sock we were really moving and it was almost time to go so we packed it in and called it a day.

Cheers

Jonaton