Anyone have any experience with LEGEND

Shane70

I bought a 151 Legend All-Sport with a 40hp 4stroke(I Upgraded and was very happy doing so) in the spring couldn't be happier with it, and have had nothing but excellent customer service from both Sudbury (where I picked it up) and Barrie(where I just had the 20hr service done).

My buddy picked up the boat, he could only afford to go with the 25 hp stroke, we went out today and the 25 handled itself very very well. WOW< this boat had a ton of space. I would seriously consider one of these, throw a pedestal seat upfront and a nice cushioon seat in the back. I would be happy for years

my family is happy with our Legend package, 5 years of fun and going strong...virtually as good as shape as when it came out of the box...not a problem with one thing we got the 151 Viper brand spankin in 2003.

I agree, upgrades can get you for sure, and add up, but it depends on what you want in a boat I guess to suit your needs at the time. Base price was around 11 grand....package came with a 25 no power trim.....we opted for a few upgrades...upgraded to an oil injected 2 stroke 40 ELPTO(an extra $3000), got an extra seat (deluxe seats around $400 or so),mooring cover,load guides and trailer jack on the trailer...was about $15000 after all was said and done...signed sealed delivered to the dealership.

All around nice comfy ride...great set up for fishing as you have 2 options for moving the seats around,casting space front and back..came with Minkotta bow mount,fish finder..decent sized livewell......and also good for family boat rides and goofing around, even had the kids tubing just a couple days ago

Horrible service at legend.I own one, and don't like it at all. I won't be purchasing one ever again. Do a search and you should get some hits on the this website.

I agree, buying a Legend was the worst boat buying experience I have ever had. I bought one and it started to fall apart right off the bat. I agree the hull was fine but everything in it was garbage. I have heard alot of bad things about them from others with similar issues. Now this being said, my Legend was a v151-all-sport. I have heard the X-edition legends are better. The saying" you get what you pay for" does come into place here.

Legend did not respond to me or the dealer about the problems until I sent them an e-mail telling them I returned the boat and bought an Alumacraft and soon after the dealer dumped the line citing to many problems and not enough response from Legend.

I know there are many happy legend owners and this is just my personal experience with them.

One more thing, if the boat is purchased definitely upgrade the motor. Mine was a 40h but not enough to get it to plane nicely.

Hope this helps.

I looked into the Legend 16' hull which the Legend Prosport 16 is based on when I bought my Lowe in 2005.

Legend took this basic "Tinny" hull and added a floor to it and removed the bench seats, this is not the same hull as their 15' boat, the 15 is wider and deeper. They then added a console and navigation lights a year or 2 later to make it look like it's bigger brother boats in the Legend line up.

Why I didn't I buy the Legend? The hull is advertised as .100 but the sides are thinner, this is a gimmick to make the buyer think he is getting an overall heavier hull. Then I took a look at the gunnels, they are narrower than the Lowe boat and would flex quite a bit when I pushed the gunnel inward and this made me reconsider. Then there was the attitude of the idiot son of the owner who is or at least was working at that time in Barrie Legend store. Then there was the fact that the shipping and rigging is not included in the advertised price which is price deception.

However, the 25hp 2 stroke will move this hull along fairly well, at least the basic bare bones version. Since the model you are considering does have the added weight of the floor (This model weighs 508 lbs. where as the basic tinny version weighs 290 lbs.) you perhaps should consider a horsepower upgrade over the 4 stroke upgrade. The 30 hp 2 stroke is only $399 more than the 25 according to the website. Oh yeah, the 1667T Lowe hull which is equivalent to the Legend 16' weighs in at 365 lbs. and it is .72 thickness throughout. How does Legend explain the heavier weight of the Lowe when the hull of the Legend is supposedly heavier? :dunno:

I wish you the best of times with your new boat and many happy hours doing this :Gonefishing:

Edited by pikehunter

I bought from the same Legend dealership and, yes, service after buying the boat sucked. At the time I bought they were bending over backwards to make the sale at the fishing show. As was the Lowe dealership. I crossed the floor a couple of times to haggle a better deal.

The dealers for Lund and Princecraft were just snots. Could not be bothered to give me the time of day. I went to the show with the intention of buying a boat and brought a wad of C-notes for the downpayment. I spent the prior 6 months doing my homework and had planned on the Lund or the Princecraft. If you behave like an :asshat: you don't get my business. Legend worked for the sale.

Not the first choice, but the price was right and the boat has stood me well over the last 7 years

I have had a 149 Legend tinner for 12 years now. Put alot of time in my boat, cant say I am disapointed in it, its been a very good bought honestly. For the amount of money I paid for it I have definitely got my money from it. I originally bought it without a motor and put my own on it, I didnt like dickering with the salesman over the upgrades.

Over time the hull has started to leak a bit and rivets pop but show me a boat that does not do that, plus I regularly use this boat on Lake Erie and Lake Ontario, so its not like it has been babied in the Kawarthas.

I am looking to upgrade very soon and can say I probably wont be buying a Legend. Resons why??? I really dont know, I just think it is time for a change...

Bryan

I currently own a legend 16 xtreme for the past three years and don't have anything bad to say about it,,,i researched and knew what i was buying when i bought it,,,,i upgraded from a 40 to a 60 because i knew i would need the extra,,,,,all manufatures packages do that now!!Same as when you buy a new car or house ect,,, they make money on the extras,,thats just business!

Do your homework,as i do with any major purchase(if you don't i think your nuts!),, and realize that the base package may not be for you so after upgrading this is what it will cost and then compare company's

I have nothing bad to say about a legend product and everyone that i talk to out on the water that own them say the same thing!!