Greencoachdog

turning carp into biofuel?? ...

so in the future when I go out for carp fishing... I can tell my girlfriend ... "I can't come home yet, I haven't caught enough to fuel my car. Another 2 20lbers should be enough for me to make it home."

nah, i can't do that to carp lol.

WOW, I really wish they'd have programs to remove alot of the carp from around here! I agree whole heartedly that they ruin spawning grounds, habitats, structure, water clarity, etc. I'm not saying to remove them entirely, cuz they do put up a good fight from time to time, but i think something should be done to thin out their populations! Maybe have a big province wide fish cull & introduce sterile fish to the remainder of the population!!! This would hopefully slow down their reproduction & yet still provide fishing opportunities for the carp fisherman out there!!!

Honestly i think that what happened to Scugog, the Karwartha's, & Simcoe was great for the other fish species!

After reading that article, I have to wonder what they are going to do with all that fish. If it truly is contaminated, then its not fit for human consumption. It can't be used as trout feed, since we will just pass it back into the food chain. I wouldn't want it in fertilizers since its now conaminating the soil. I cant see using it to power vehicles, PCB's are strong carcinogens.

Remove the PCB's, and make it into fuel does sound insteresting, but would hate to live downwind from that plant.