Brutal Day

Rizzo

Well too bad about the lttle one!!. :stretcher: . :blink: .glad he is ok, :whistling: and it sure does sound like a spun hub...its no big deal,just make sure the seals are ok,i think they will be,just minor damage!!! im 100% sure,its meant to do that rather than do gear damage,its a replacement part thats very cheap,having a spare is always a good option bud....you will be ok,go to a reputable dealer,and you will be fishing by next weekend!!!! cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Heh Rzzo, tough luck you had. Keep an eye on for infection though.

When guiding and doing first aid as I was in the middle of nowhere for "you guessed it" I had a nice little technique for imbedded hooks using a small piece of fishing line and two hands. Works very well. i will try and make a drawing and post it.

buy a new one and have the old one re hubbed and keep it as a spare

funny, that's exactly what I did today. Went to Royal Distributing and bought a new prop and hub that can be dropped into it. Then took the old one to Brentwood marine where they will send it away and get it re-hubbed. Funny thing is the remade one will probably cost just as much as the new prop/hub from Royal. Only reason I'm not just buying 2 new ones is I think my damaged prop is of a higher quality

OUCH!!! Sorry to hear about your son, but it sounds like he was a real trooper about it all. Nothing is worse for a parent then seeing your kids in pain like that!

Then the motor thing....wow...when it rains it pours eh? Hopefully it's a inexpensive fix for you. Better luck the next time!!!