Decent Island Lake Pike

evster

Went up to Island Lake again today. I wanted to try and get some more fishing in there before the water drops, but by the looks of things that will be well into September.

This time I got the usual 2 poundish bass and lots of tiny pike, but I was surprised by this gal, must be one of the good breeders in the lake. Quick pic and back she went. I caught her on a flipping jig.

2768341773_85a1fd79aa.jpg

Here are a couple of the bass we got. All were caught on either the flipping jig or a senko.

2768337893_1ef974992b.jpg

2769183094_1614bbb1d2.jpg

2768345541_aed63b094d.jpg

It was pretty windy just like last time I was there but it was pretty busy out there, but such an awesome day to be fishin. I even ran into spinnerdoc from here on the board, somehow he recognized me. How'd you do spinnerdoc?

Edited by evster

Turn your hat around or your nose will get blistered! :wallbash::canadian:

That would have been a good idea! I had the sun screen on pretty thick and I was reminded to re-apply when my second PB&J sandwich was toasted brown on one side.

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice pike! Do they still have the $100 tagged fish?Even after all the pike they removed from the Island Lake, the pike are still thriving in there. And there is some amazing Large Mouth Bass fishing with some pigs in there. Thanks for sharing.

they have been trying to get rid of the pike in that lake but they thrive there for some reason...they were introduced to the creditriver by accident and they do a number on the trout and bass populations. they are actually letting people take their limits to kinda curb the populations. i love fishing pike...they don't quite fight like buckets but they are fun to catch

Edited by spinnerdoc