Post-Thunderstorm Fishing???

MuskieWannabe

Hey there lads,

Just wondering what people think about fishing just after a thunderstorm has rolled through? They are calling for thunderstorms to end tomorrow around 3pm and I am planning on trying for some muskies from around 5pm until dark. Just wondering what experiences people have with fishing just after thunderstorms.

I'm hoping that they will still be somewhat active. They aren't calling for huge downpours and only a few mm's of rain in total so I don't think they will be shut right down altogether.

Hopefully some people out there have had good expereinces after a thunderstorm to keep my hopes alive for tomrrow afternoon!

Cheers,

MuskieWannabe

I've often had great results before a thunderstorm and it has happened a couple of times that the fishing was great after a thunderstorm but if it came to betting money, I would'nt bet on good fishing after a storm.

Edited by Dabluz

Usually after the storm there is a strong north wind on Nipissing. It wouldn't matter if it was calm, it's normally a waste of gas to try for the wallyeye after the storm.

Have better luck casting daredevils off the dock for pike. Seems to make them a little hungrier.

i went after the lightning and rain yesterday, the water visibility was very bad, and we only managed small rockbass and sunfish. since the water was really murky, hot pink worked okay for the panfish, but nothing else was biting. Even the panfish bites were sparse, and i found that bigger pauses in your presentation helped a little bit.

good luck tomorrow.

still is good to go out fishing :P

Well, as luck would have it, they are no loner calling for any thunder or lightning and instead are just calling for off and on sprinkling from about 9am until around 10pm. From all reports though, we're only suppossed to be getting a few mm's of rain in total today so it mightn't be too bad this evening. We may get a little wet but I have a feeling that it won't be too bad.

Fingers crossed! I'm taking out my fiancee and another friend who has never yet caught a muskie. Hopefully we can hook him onto one tonight.

Cheers!