Personally, I have had just an outstanding week!

Garry2Rs

It appears that the Large Mouth Bass fishing around here has really turned on in the last week.

There are reports around the Lodges and Marinas of several very large fish being caught, and we hope released.

Personally, I have had just an outstanding week!

Things started on Sunday August 3rd with this five pound five ounce monster on that famous Lake "X"...grin

55August308010.jpg

Then continued on Wednesday the 6th with a three pound ten ounce bruiser ... Lake "X" again.

310Kosh002.jpg

Both of these fish were caught on plastic worms, the first on a weightless Texaposed rig, between the two stumps behind me in the photo, and the second on a Wacky work between a dock and a large weed bed.

I had a very nice fish on a drop-shot rig on Wednesday as well.

2Kosh003.jpg

My passengers on Wednesday were a brother and sister. They decided to hold their own mini-tournament.

Since we were going to catch and release, the winner would be the one who caught the most fish, not the biggest fish or heaviest bag.

Big Brother boated and released 16 Bass, and the loser, Little Sister only 14.

It was close until the very end, when the brother got on a school of Small Mouth Bass and was able to boat two to his sisters one as the "clock" ran out.

The younger sister, in true Vince Lombardi fashion, claimed that she did not lose, she just ran out of time! ...HAHAHA.

On Friday the 8th I was on Lower Buckhorn and landed 6 bass between 2 and 3.3 pounds for a total weight of 15 pounds! All six were caught on a white spinnerbait. Five of the six were in very heavy weeds. I was burning the spinnerbait, running it about three inches under the surface

RoccoGarry004.jpg

Saturday I was back on lake "X" with two young clients. We caught a lot of nice fish between 1 to 2.5 pounds using fast moving spinnerbaits over the weed-beds and a Fluke in the pads and slop. Here are the first two they caught

Robspinnerbait002.jpg

CorywithFluke006.jpg

The shallow bite seemed to "dry-up"...grin...after our Daily Dose of rain around 2:30.

Is anyone else worried about getting webbed feet??? HAHAHA.

We finished the day drop-shotting a school of SMBass, but found nothing of any size.

So That's the story of the last seven days, and it raining again...I better post this before the power goes off...HAHAHA.

Garry2rs

Thanks Folks.

I was out today looking for musky with a client.

He had one follow, and hooked one that escaped.

I had seven Bass...three on purpose and four on the husky jerk I was throwing.

Here's the best one...

Aug112008-001.jpg