Toronto Explosion NF

douG

A series of explosions at a Toronto propane facility sent balls of fire and plumes of black smoke into the early morning sky Sunday and forced police to order the evacuation of a large number of frightened residents.

Witnesses who live near the Sunrise Propane facility in the northwest Toronto neighbourhood of Keele and Wilson said they were awakened by a thunderous explosion and saw the sky light up bright orange before it turned black with smoke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV5udSWJcZo

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/AL...MhTAetoUpz7_yWQ

Edited by douG

Well...

I was driving to work this morning...

I was at on Hwy 400 south bound and saw a glowing red light towards downsview. It was like a sunrise red. (not that bright~large but you know what i mean)

By the way, if you watch the CP24 channel, they have a much more close up? clearer video of one of the explosion which clearly! shows a shockwave from the blast~

Edited by mikeymikey

I have many friends in the evacuation area & my mother in-law lives just a few minutes n/w of the area.

She called early this morning explaining the news.

We called some friends closest to the danger & they were O.K.

Scary stuff.

I have many friends in the evacuation area & my mother in-law lives just a few minutes n/w of the area.

She called early this morning explaining the news.

We called some friends closest to the danger & they were O.K.

Scary stuff.

Great news Remo, hopefully everyone else in the area is OK also.

Guest Johnny Bass

Yah, some powerful explosions that lite up the sky like daylight. My mother heard them early in the morning. Other than some damage. No one was hurt.

Edited by Johnny Bass

i was driving from downtown at that time on allen road going north, and i see the sky is red above yorkdale, when my friend says look yorkdale is on fire. we pass the yorkdale and a big explosion happens right as we were going by downsview park, creating a huge fireball. everyone an allen road were stoppinf to watch . first time in my life i saw firebal this big. when i dropped my friend at bathurst and sheppard we could still hear the explosions.

they say there were people inside the factory, hopefully everyone made it safe.

This video clearly shows the shockwave blast~ from the explosion!

i just wacked my computer monitor and hurt my hand because of ur clever forum signature bug

ahahah

pure gold :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Micropterus hole

HOLY CRAP!!!

last night at around 4am when i was about to sleep..i head this REALLY loud bang..and my windows shoke...i thought it was just a really loud thunder or something...then car alarms went off, fire trucks sirens went crazy...

i live maybe about 5 min drive from the explosion...