PRIMERICA [NF]

Pachone

especially the ones that you reel into your downline!

BTW were you the one to recruit Pachone in your downline?

I find it quite a coincidence that you just "stumbled" on this board, and your first 2 posts are in this subject. I have a feeling that you heard about this thread from Pachone and came on here to defend him.

So you like all kind of fish eh?

.... amazing lol

especially the ones that you reel into your downline!

BTW were you the one to recruit Pachone in your downline?

I find it quite a coincidence that you just "stumbled" on this board, and your first 2 posts are in this subject. I have a feeling that you heard about this thread from Pachone and came on here to defend him.

So you like all kind of fish eh?

I have no need to argue with you... I am that confident enough that niether of the skeptics on this thread actually know enough information on the company, and have simply been a victim of broken telephone.

Primerica is Scam, Pyramid . . . In my oppinion there are bigger scam in Financial Industry (i.e. Banks & Wholelife Insurance Companies). Banks, they can legally robbing middle income families by selling them GIC at 3% - 4% and entice them taking line of credit or credit card at 9% to 19% (that is 5% to 16% profits for the banks) . . . Do you ever wondered why Banks and Whole Life Insurance Companies are the most profitable Corporate Canada and the middle income Canadian Families are drowning in Debt? By the way why do banks charged customers fees using their money? . . . You've been scammed by you bank!

Mortgage Life Insurance, this is another biggest ripped-off by banks for selling it to the home buyers. http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/2008/02/06/in_denial/

Primerica does not offer a Job . . . Primerica is offering a business (I guest if people still in employee mentality, they just don't get it).

Primerica is Pyramid??? . . . The person on the top is making the most money! . . . So why are people working in Wal-Mart or other Big Box store are making minimum wages, the supervisors are making slightly more money than the people they supervised . . . the department mangers are making more money than the supervisors and the store managers are making the most money about 4 to 5 times more than the bottom position? In every Corporate Canada, people at the bottom who do the most work are making the least amount of money, the people who are at the top are making the most money and the people at the bottom of corporate pyramid have very little chance to move-up to the corporate ladder - Mmmmm it looks like Pyramid or MLM or what ever you want to call it.

What about the company you work for . . . . do the owner or your boss making more money than you are and you do all the work? Mmmm . . . it sounds like MLM to me . . . someone else is making money of your effort.

Doesn't matter where people work, if the company, the boss or the business owner is not making profit of your work . . . you wouldn't be in their pay roll . . . because you are no longer asset, you are becoming liability to them.

The only way no body making money of you is becoming self-employee.

Primerica is not for lazy people . . . . Lazy people love to be slave to their job and making minimum wage.

Primerica is Scam? People . . . you like it or not you are being scam every day without realizing . . . i.e. I have no problem purchasing an item at higher price than buying from bulk . . . I understand company has to make profit and to cover overhead expenses, but paying $1.25 for a bottle of water from Tim Hortons or other restaurants when only cost about 12 cents in bulk sore . . . To me it's scam. Do you ever rent a car or book a hotel? Do you realize that they scammed you (Cheaper in mid week, they charge you more in weekend)?

You have been scammed by your cell phone carrier (Bell, Rogers, Telus & Fido) for non-regulated $6.95 access fee or license fee on your cell phone . . . Where do you think this fee goes to? It goes directly to their profit margin!

By the way Primerica's FNA is the best plan in the business.

So for everyone in this board . . . If you think Primerica is scam, talk to your bank manager or your insurance agent of your financial planer and ask them for a written Financial Game Plan that shows you your "Debt Freedom Date and Your Financial Independent Number and how to achieve your Financial Independent.

LLQP: This complete course in local colleges are costing the students approx. $7,000 - $8,000 with text book, provincial License registration is $150 and 1 year E&O cost over $1,000. - Primerica only charge $99 - this is no brainer (I guest most people have no brain).

The last things is - Why 95% Canadian are broke (Oh yeah . . . because they have a good job). Why other 5% are wealthy (Oh yeah . . . 80% of that 5% they don't have a job . . . they have business).

So . . . the conclusion is if you don't mind being broke, stay at your job, but if you want to become wealthy & successful . . . get into a business. Primerica is not the only real business you can get into, but don't expect paying $99 to get into other a real business (not self-employee).

Become Wealthy & Successful is not easy . . . If easy everyone will.

Dude did you even graduate high school? Your english and writting is a disgrace lol

K your whole thing on box stores or any business for that matter being a pyramid is ridiculous. What you fail to realize is Profits that come into a company are paid to employees based on what it is their job entails. Example a cashier will get paid the same rate as any cashier because thats what they do. A supervisor does more and is given more responsibility.. hence the extra income. The supervisor however does not make a CUT from the cashier.. all money comes from company revenue. But your MLM is a pyramid because people who recruit you to open your own business do THE EXACT SAME THING AS YOU. You guys both sell shotty financial products to people. So (hope this isnt too hard to wrap your mind around) you are basically doing the exact same job as your "superior" yet he makes a cut from you... hence the pyramid. To call a business a pyramid just shows your ignorance towards the real world.

Also.. 95% of canadians are not broke.. thats Primerica giving you shotty information. fact is what you fail to realize is the major banks are in place for a reason, they balance out the economy and are a place people can rely on for guarenteed investment. If you have a mortgage your paying off your 10 years are you in debt? By definition yes, but those people live and are perfectly fine, making a good salary and putting money away for retirement while paying their mortgage. But what Primerica does not realize and take into consideration is that included in their numbers are the people who have these debts, the people who have some debt on their Visa that they could easily pay off at next paycheck, the people who borrow money at a low rate to invest in something that will give them a higher rate of return. They dont look that far into finance because thats not what they do. And then you speak about life insurance, and how term insurance is the best way, for cerain people it may work out ok but in reality whole life insurance has a guarenteed payout. more than 70% of term insurance purchasers outlive their term (usually 65) once they outlive their term the money is gone.. 0$ you dont get any. If you want to keep the money and term going you must then extend your insurance.. but because you have lived past the term the expected payout is soon, primerica then charges you ridiculously high premiums.

You are not buying life insurance for yourself, it is not money that YOU get, when your alive, it is money your beneficiaries get when you die, thats the point, is to leave your family with something.

Edited by Margino

Dude did you even graduate high school? Your english and writting is a disgrace lol

K your whole thing on box stores or any business for that matter being a pyramid is ridiculous. What you fail to realize is Profits that come into a company are paid to employees based on what is is their job entails. Example a cashier will get paid the same rate as any cashier because thats what they do. A supervisor does more and is given more responsibility.. hence the extra income. The supervisor however does not make a CUT from the cashier.. all money comes from company revenue. But your MLM is in a pyramid because people who recruit you to open your own business do THE EXACT SAME THING AS YOU. You guys both sell shotty financial products to people. So (hope this isnt too hard to wrap your mind around) you are basically do the exact same job as your "superior" yet he makes a cut from you... hence hte pyramid. To call a business a pyramid just shows yourignorance towards the real world.

Also.. 95% of canadians are not broke.. thats Primerica giving you shotty information. fact is what you fail to realize is the major banks are in place for a reason, they balance out the economy and are a place people can rely on for guarenteed investment. If you have a mortgage your paying off your 10 years are you in debt? By definition yes, but those people live and are perfectly fine, making a good salary and putting money away for retirement while paying their mortgage. But what Primerica does not realize and take into consideration is that included in their numbers are the people who have these debts, the people who have some debt on their Visa that they could easily pay off at next paycheck, the people who borrow money at a low rate to invest in something that will give them a higher rate of return. They dont look that far into finance because thats not what they do. And then you speak about life insurance, and how term insurance is the best way, for cerain people it may work out ok but in reality whole life insurance has a guarenteed payout. more than 70% of term insurance purchasers outlive their term (usually 65) once they outlive their term the money is gone.. 0$ you dont get any. If you want to keep the money and term going you must then extend your insurance.. but because you have lived past the term the expected payout is soon, primerica then charges you ridiculously high premiums.

You are not buying life insurance for yourself, it is not money that YOU get, when your alive, it is money your beneficiaries get when you die, thats the point, is to leave your family with something.

Well said! I agree that banks aren't scams. They are an invaluable component to an advanced economy. Without them, there wouldn't be the degree of financial intermediation that is necessary. Borrowers, largely businesses by volume, want money to do things with. Savers, largely households by volume, want a return for their surplus money. But these savers would almost never lend to these borrowers if left to their own devices becauses businesses want loans that are far larger in size and far longer in duration, and they want to use the money for far more riskier investments than savers are willing to lend to. As well, savers don't want to bear the costs of adjudicating and maintaining these their loans. So banks play an important role in matching these counterparties up; they take the money from savers and transform the size, duration, and risk into something both savers and borrowers want. And because they have scale and expertise, can do this far more cheaply. So giving savers their return and letting borrowers grow their businesses (without which a healthy economy is practically impossible) is a fair way to earn profits in my opinion.

And to the Primerica reps, all the best to you! Just don't PM me with a pitch! ;)

K your whole thing on box stores or any business for that matter being a pyramid is ridiculous. What you fail to realize is Profits that come into a company are paid to employees based on what is is their job entails. Example a cashier will get paid the same rate as any cashier because thats what they do. A supervisor does more and is given more responsibility.. hence the extra income. The supervisor however does not make a CUT from the cashier.. all money comes from company revenue. But your MLM is in a pyramid because people who recruit you to open your own business do THE EXACT SAME THING AS YOU. You guys both sell shotty financial products to people. So (hope this isnt too hard to wrap your mind around) you are basically do the exact same job as your "superior" yet he makes a cut from you... hence hte pyramid. To call a business a pyramid just shows yourignorance towards the real world.

Margino you claim you know so much and we know so little? Do you work for a bank? Do you have investment experience? do you know ANYTHING about the things you even SAID? you DO NOT, and i know this as fact because u sit 3 cubicles down my office from me. you are trying to prove that we are wrong when you have ABSOLUTELY ZERO credibility in this topic!! who are you to tell me how whole life and term insurance work? if you knew all this information then i wouldve totally disregarded the company the moment uve told me not to check it out... but i decided to futher investigate... and from the NUMBERS and the EXPERTS, the numerous amounts of articles and appraisals that PRIMERICA is NOT a scam and is for real. They are saving my parents tons of money!! and it is A FACT that every single person on this thread that is a skeptic HAS NOT investigated PRIMERICA for themselves therefore cannot have ANY SUPPORTING argument againest them.. UNLESS u are a credible source which margino... YOU ARE NOT.

So slander and offensive remarks will only disadvantage you in the future my 2nd year college student financial expert...

TO all of the skeptics.... NONE of you have ever given Primerica the chance to explain exactly what they do and how they do it....

All of you are going on the basis of something someone else has told you, or some dumb forum that somehow proves itself to you that its the truth..

Ask yourself this...

Why would the Canadian Government allow this scam to operate and or give people licenses to operate?

If I were to 'recruit' you... why would it be such a shame that i make money, making you money? you dont want to make money?

What other company do you know that allows you to own ur own business without a 2838209$ investmant (i.e. start a restaurant)

I submitted my business agreement and will become a Primerica rep! Weve already saved my family tons of money and we HELP people... the product sells itself\

L mounbatten explains it completely.

All of you are probably living the scam..... and when Primerica goes public on the NYSE or when it becomes more popular in Canada, you will understand thats its the banks and the insurances companies that have been taking your money. Primerica simply helps you find ways to save, and use those savings to re-invest.

Banks dont FIND you the money...

Insurance companies dont read the fine print....

The instant you give it a chance, your mind will change. Just NONE of you have given it the chance. WHO would know more about the company? YOU or someone that Represents them?

If all of you "non-conformists, or non-believers" know it all... then please... tell me and the rest of the company what we are all missing out on!

Pachone, Pachone, why did you ask the question then on a public forum then if your mind was already made up?

You seem like a nice kid, listen to some of the advice given (especially the police officers) and stay away.

Margino you claim you know so much and we know so little? Do you work for a bank? Do you have investment experience? do you know ANYTHING about the things you even SAID? you DO NOT, and i know this as fact because u sit 3 cubicles down my office from me. you are trying to prove that we are wrong when you have ABSOLUTELY ZERO credibility in this topic!! who are you to tell me how whole life and term insurance work? if you knew all this information then i wouldve totally disregarded the company the moment uve told me not to check it out... but i decided to futher investigate... and from the NUMBERS and the EXPERTS, the numerous amounts of articles and appraisals that PRIMERICA is NOT a scam and is for real. They are saving my parents tons of money!! and it is A FACT that every single person on this thread that is a skeptic HAS NOT investigated PRIMERICA for themselves therefore cannot have ANY SUPPORTING argument againest them.. UNLESS u are a credible source which margino... YOU ARE NOT.

So slander and offensive remarks will only disadvantage you in the future my 2nd year college student financial expert...

They are saving your parents tonnes of money per payment, have your parents noticed the extra payment per month they are making?

Pachone, Pachone, why did you ask the question then on a public forum then if your mind was already made up?

You seem like a nice kid, listen to some of the advice given (especially the police officers) and stay away.

Solo I appreciate your concern. I posted the question because I was uncertain about the Company and wanted to see what this community knew about it. I did this because i enjoy this forum and check it daily and figured someone would know something... I wanted to learn more.

I did not have my mind made up at that time.

I went to further investigate with the people that would actually KNOW about the company... such as a person that works there or has worked there. And I was very weary and had tons of questions. They did not convince me or sell me into it. They simply showed me the truth and Ive chosen to take the path... simple as that.

My argument is, that no one here, all the skeptics and negatives have not even talked to someone that works there or have takin the effort to actually find out what the company is about. I went and asked every question i could!

LOL chair with the shoes this morning unreal.. anyway back to debate.

In terms of talking about things that I mentioned.. yes I do know that information, its not rocket scince, its information you can get by doing a simple definition serach on any serach engine. To find out what a term or whole life investment is is not hard. However I do no claim to know SOLID financial advice, in fact there is truly only a handful of people in this world you can accurately calculate to some extent a decent esitmate of risk in terms of an investment. If investing was soo easy everyone would do it, just like Primerica. In reality its not that people are skeptics or that people dont have the knowledge its that primerica is simply just not a good opportunity. The majority of the world wouldn't be doubting it if it worked. Why do you think in the meetings they tell you not to look up the company on google? Because they know what people will find. Im not saying Primerica is a scam, cause they aren't they run a legitimate business and they sell products.. where they fall short is how effective their products are. Its just like Amway, thers really no difference at all, they are run the exact same way except Amway had a tangible product. but again, to have this general knowledge of finance is not hard to find or come across. Why do you think most elders on this website are saying keep away? They live reality and know what its like to work and manage their finance. Further, aside from my own research I have spoken to, and you know him too, Mr. Actuarial Science, cheech.. here is a guy with actual education on the topic and he can tell you the exact faults of the company based on the knowledge he has. To say I have no credibility is like saying a person who has not driven before has NO CONCEPT of the rules of the road. I apy attentions to my parents investments, I pay attention to where my money goes and is saved and the flucttuation of rates. I pay attention to the money Im going to need to invest with soon.. thats part of growing up. No I have not invested anything yet, but that does not mean I understand it. Fact is, name one company where people come onto forums and protect as if it was their life? Tell me why when you go into meetings their they have music and they all go nuts and clap and get all excited al the time? Why do thousands of people look at it as a cult? Because this is exactly what it does to people, it turns them into an employee who is over loyal and blind to the outside world. All that ever gets talked about in that place is how much money YOU wil make, how much money THEY make, how little money the "stupid slave people working in every job make" They flash around money and talk about millionaires to get people excited. they need to change their focus and stop making themselves look so silly with their cult like presentations. And if I have no knowledge on this topic: is it wrong that term insurance only lasts a term? Is it wrong that term insurance does not pay out whe you outlive the term? Is it wrong that whole life insurance pays out when you die? Is it wrong the insurance is meant for the beneficiaries? No, none of what I said is wrong. Also none of what I said about big box stores not being a pyramid is wrong, and nothing about primerica being a pyramid is wrong. I never talked about anything that isnt common knowledge... I dont understand how all of what I said could be wrong...

Edited by Margino

They are saving your parents tonnes of money per payment, have your parents noticed the extra payment per month they are making?

Bill they do not change the plan people are on... they simple educate people on simple tactics that your bank and insurances companies DONT tell you. There is no magic product. It financial tactics to save you money... to be more SMART with ur money.

Remember, the banks make almost all of their profit on the interest you pay FACT. they discover ways to re - work it so u end up paying more principle and LESS interest. This is something BANKS dont want, and why you dont know it. There are only more tactics

Please investigate before you comment with little or no knowledge.

You've made your decision. Now back it up with all the confidence, optimism and enthusiasm you can muster. The number of ways of making a good living in this country are infinite and perhaps not one of them appeals to absolutely everyone. It's part of the diversity that makes life interesting.

Now that you've made you're move, ignore the naysayers and give it your all. All that matters now are the positives. After 33 years in the real estate business I still get people telling me it's a crappy job, not that they've ever tried it or know much at all about it. Funny thing is that I'm a lot happier in my "crappy" career than they seem to be in their "acceptable" career.

I think this applies - "No guts. No glory!"

Give it 100% of what you have to invest. If it doesn't give you a 100% return on your personal investment of time and commitment, then move on, no regrets.

All the best in yer new career. You can remember this thread in a few years and chuckle about it cruising in yer $100k Mercedes or Bimmer heading home to yer $1,000,000 shack up north of the city. :clapping:

JF

My argument is, that no one here, all the skeptics and negatives have not even talked to someone that works there or have takin the effort to actually find out what the company is about. I went and asked every question i could!

actually I do know someone who is in Primerica, and yes I did go to one of those presentations. Fortunately I do take the time to investigate anything that has to do with my $$, which is why I stayed far far away from Primerica.

This "financial advisor" sold some RRSP's to my wife (before we got married), then after I transferred them to a TD E-funds account and bought index funds, he called me up and said I was crazy to do so, and that his fund would make %10 and blah blah blah. This "financial advisor" has a kid with the GF they all live with mom and dad and have no education in terms of economics. Don't know about you, but I wouldnt take financial advise from someone in his situation.

So yes I do know someone involved with this company, which is why I am so against them. Don't feel so special that you're a part of the "team" because anyone with a pulse and $99 can be also!

Dont need to explain why I know or my area of expertise but you will soon realize what others are trying to tell you, once you get over the brain wash period. Been there Done that...... Good Luck with it.

You've made your decision. Now back it up with all the confidence, optimism and enthusiasm you can muster. The number of ways of making a good living in this country are infinite and perhaps not one of them appeals to absolutely everyone. It's part of the diversity that makes life interesting.

Now that you've made you're move, ignore the naysayers and give it your all. All that matters now are the positives. After 33 years in the real estate business I still get people telling me it's a crappy job, not that they've ever tried it or know much at all about it. Funny thing is that I'm a lot happier in my "crappy" career than they seem to be in their "acceptable" career.

I think this applies - "No guts. No glory!"

Give it 100% of what you have to invest. If it doesn't give you a 100% return on your personal investment of time and commitment, then move on, no regrets.

All the best in yer new career. You can remember this thread in a few years and chuckle about it cruising in yer $100k Mercedes or Bimmer heading home to yer $1,000,000 shack up north of the city. :clapping:

JF

I appreciate your wisdom JohnF, and all the others of support. The real estate industry is very similar to the way Primerica works.. not here or there.

I have decided to not futher post on this thread, but to become the living testament of this, and to not have to prove it to you, not justify it to anyone, but to show and demonstrate that I made it, I did it, and that some people on this thread may and will bite their tongues.

I must say... good debate!

Pachone

Edited by Pachone

Attention even negative is still an attention. It is like asking where to find a nice hotel and couple posts later post an address you would like to promote saying "Guys, I fond one!"

Regarding Primerica ... I know nothing about company BUT had to cut off all communication with my friend. It was like a broken record ... Primerica ... Primerica .... Primerica ... Primerica

Bill they do not change the plan people are on... they simple educate people on simple tactics that your bank and insurances companies DONT tell you. There is no magic product. It financial tactics to save you money... to be more SMART with ur money.

Remember, the banks make almost all of their profit on the interest you pay FACT. they discover ways to re - work it so u end up paying more principle and LESS interest. This is something BANKS dont want, and why you dont know it. There are only more tactics

Please investigate before you comment with little or no knowledge.

Kid, everyone knows that paying off as much as the principle as possible is the way to go. Why do you think I have a mortgage at X.XX% and make payments on a higher rate? Where do you think that extra $$$ goes over and above my standard payment? On the principle? You betcha.....

My mortgage doesn't get 're-worked' without my signature btw :)

I hope everything works out for your parents... Also why would anyone on this board blatently lie to you about this? You should know better then that.

actually I do know someone who is in Primerica, and yes I did go to one of those presentations. Fortunately I do take the time to investigate anything that has to do with my $$, which is why I stayed far far away from Primerica.

This "financial advisor" sold some RRSP's to my wife (before we got married), then after I transferred them to a TD E-funds account and bought index funds, he called me up and said I was crazy to do so, and that his fund would make %10 and blah blah blah. This "financial advisor" has a kid with the GF they all live with mom and dad and have no education in terms of economics. Don't know about you, but I wouldnt take financial advise from someone in his situation.

So yes I do know someone involved with this company, which is why I am so against them. Don't feel so special that you're a part of the "team" because anyone with a pulse and $99 can be also!

Good for you! I'm also a big fan of idexed products. It's a great way to save money. And when one's portfolio becomes big, the savings can be pretty significant.

And so ends the happy tale of Primerica. This is really not the place to ask for advice, then once you've been given the advice, turn on the people who answered your question to the best of their ability.