Knots in Braided Line

Popr

Use a good quality swivel to reduce line twist. If things get gnarly, troll your line behind your boat, then reel it in with a finger pinch to provide some tension. Like Mike said, if your spool is overfull, you're in for a world of grief until you cut away the excess.

Hi Guys and Girls:

Quick question. What causes knots in braided line. I'm using a spinning reel and I keep getting knots. Is this common and is there a solution or should I go back to mono.

Popr :Gonefishing:

Funny, I was getting the same thing yesterday with my new spinning reel. It's got lighter braid than the other reel has. I was trying to toss a plastic worm a long way on a 7' rod. Today I had the same reel and line and lure on a 5 1/2 footer and had no problem at all.

JF

Hi Guys and Girls:

Quick question. What causes knots in braided line. I'm using a spinning reel and I keep getting knots. Is this common and is there a solution or should I go back to mono.

Popr :Gonefishing:

I switched to braid near the start of this season (only my second year actively fishing) and I also use a spinning setup. I am using Spiderwire. I have not been getting any knots whatsoever, but I have found that the braid gets wrapped around my eyes and rod tip quite frequently for some reason - this happens a lot when I am fishing any kind of "popping" lure.

I think the advice to close your bail manually is good advice, since I always do this when I cast.

Also, based on my limited experience with braid, I would say, stick with it. It takes some learning and a few struggles (with leader-tying and frays etc) but I think it is the best line for most situations.