Shore fishing for smallies

Cudz

Due to the fact that my boat motor has been out of commission for the better part of the summer I have been trying my hand at various random spots on lake simcoe and nearby lakes. I have been fishing from shore, waist deep in water, and from docks. My biggest fish from shore this year was 2.5 pounds but i could not get a pic because I had waded out 30 yards and by the time I got back in to get the camera and take the pic the fish would have suffered. Here are some pics of the other fish I have caught. One is a 2 pounder and the rest range from 1 - 1.75 pounds (ish).

Most of my fish have been caught drop shotting Gulp leech or gulp fry. I have also caugth several on 6" senko and one on a topwater popper.

Sometimes it can be a bit frustrating but any bad day fishing is better than a good day at work.

gib3.jpg

gibson1.jpg

shoresmallie.jpg

smallmouthbaylake.jpg

Edited by Cudz

Cudz, if you ever want to get out on the water, just drop me a PM bud. Perhaps you can show me a thing or two about dropshotting :)

That is nice of you to ask. My boat is fixed and it comes back next week. One of the big reasons I fish from shore is because I have 3 kids. I take them with me and they play in the park while I fish lol. Time is my problem. I don't have much free time. Maybe later in the summer we could hook up and fish Simcoe or little lake.

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice! Fishing from shore is better than no fishing. And a lot cheaper! Still, hope you get your boat fixed. You can cover a lot more water. Thanks for sharing.