im backkkk

Angler16

Hey everyone!Just got back from Nipissing today!Had a great time. Ill tell you one thing the bass fishing was S-L-O-W Mike will beat me for bass for sure . No one at the camp caught any bass accept me and this other guy. I ended up catching the following:

22 inch sheephead (8 pounds) = 10 minute fight

About 6 Perch(2 jumbo) =2 second fight haha

About 2-3 Walleye over 1 pound each over 12 inches(one being 13 inches)=3 minute fights

4 Bullhead catfish average 3 pounds each=3 minute fight

FINALLY THE BIG GAHOONA

A 19 inch 3.5 pound large mouth bass=5 minute fight

It gave me a hellllll of a fight missed it with the net twice tried to go under the boat. Jumped out of water at least 2 times!

FOLKS WHEN FISHING NIPISSIPNG GO WITH JIG IN A WORM DROP IT DOWN ON THE BOTTOM LIT IT SIT AND WAIT FOR EM all fish were caught using that and most important PATIENCE!!!!

Pics will be posted when mike gets back

Mike will beat me in bass

In variety i think i win though

good luck to ya!

-Little Angler

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report. Nipissing is a great lake to fish. Nice largie. They were introduced to cater to the Americans. But I don't think they were too successful. But there are some good ones around still. Thanks for sharing.

If you wanted bigger fish you should have tried lures around the shore early morning late evening.

nipissing can be tough like that sometimes. Patience sure pays off on that lake. what worked one minute may not work the next, its a strange lake. I find that even the slighest change like a 1 degree change in tempature can turn the fish off or turn them into a feeding frenzy. What keeps me coming back to that lake is the chance at a feedy frenzy. When they are on it can be the best lake in southern ontario.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...