Okuma RANT

kemper

Nobody said anything about ripping anybody off in our replies, Kemper may have gotten burned for paying full price for the reel... but a slightly used reel such as that does have some value left in it... sounds like it may be a good candidate for parts.

Your amazement is amazing!!! :rolleyes:

...btw, can I borrow your Rose Tinted Glasses?

Exactamundo.........i would have pointed out that obvious little factoid.......but im Ignoring :sleeping_02:

Plus im busy trying to get an add in the paper to sell an 87' Buick Grand National...too much compression went to the turbo and its spittin aluminum shavings. Serious inquiries only and no test drives allowed.

After that i have to go get all my handguns polished, and if i have time......personally start a conflict somewhere overseas. :rolleyes:

Excellent point from dabluz about adopting someone else's problem when you're able to fix it yourself. That works out really well sometimes.

Can't comment on Okuma quality, other than to say their 2007 catalog makes a truly excellent moth-whacker when the odd big one sneaks indoors. Hope you get your reel problems worked out soon, Kemper!

MrMike...you've been here 2 weeks, and you're spewing 12 posts a day. That's 10 too many for someone who hasn't even got the basics down, like what plastics we use and how to spell Lakair. Now that you've drawn attention to yourself, I notice that your post history shows you usually fall into 2 categories. There's the content-free "nice fish!" type 3-word stuff, and then there's general nastiness where you attack everyone from the mods to Kemper to the staff at Bass Pro. Even this morning, you've thrown huge insults at the core members of this site. At this rate, you're likely --><-- close to being shown the door.

I'm off to make some WGSF giggle. Y'all have a GREAT day now! :D

I am confident in stating that the Okuma V series which I personally own and use has any issues you can get an over the counter replacement on it. The Okuma series is a good reel and just like all others there are some that have problems. I know as a shop owner I have sent many other reels in for repairs and/or replacement such as Shimano, Quantum etc. We sell them all here and if the warranty on Okuma were not satisfactory we would simple not carry their products. We operate on customer service from the manufacturer all the way to the customer.

If I have on e in stock I would replace it for you Kemper...............they are a good reel and Okuma stands behind their products.

Usually the ones that have negative comments are always the ones that prefer their own brand of reels that they purchase and are quick at putting down competitor products. I have personally sent may other manufacturer's reels back for repairs and replacements, if there was perfect reel we would be selling them exclusively.

This thread has been blown out of proportion by some immature individuals that have nothing else better to do then stir the pot. It is for these reasons many such as myself that have been long standing members on OFC and do not post on a regular basis.

Well time to take the wife and kids fishing......hopefully Kemper gets this resolved before ignorance of a couple fairly new posters feel they have been attacked.

This thread has also run its course and I am confident that the mods will handle it properly.

Best regards,

Sam

Guest Johnny Bass
Went walleye fishing with my Okuma Stinson spinning reel yesterday. For a spinning reel that sells in the 50 dollar range, it's a fine reel. Very smooth, very tight (no loose parts), very quiet and an excellent clutch. I was using 6 lb test mono. On top of that, it's a good looking reel.

I'm quite sure that the anti-reverse gear in the reel (see first message) was just cleaned and lubed by the repairman. Now that the anti-reverse acted up again, it's pretty certain that it will have to be replaced instead of serviced.

I'd give 20 dollars for the reel and I will buy a new part for it and fix it myself. That way, I will know that it is fixed.

Some people can be hard on their equipment. I see lots of used baitcasters for sale and you can always read the following comment...."reel has some boat rash". This means that the reel was permanently sitting on a rod. I never let my reels sit permanently on a rod. Part of going fishing is setting up my rods for the day. This means putting a clean reel on a clean rod and tying your lure to good mono using a fresh knot. I take apart my reels regularly. I clean and lubricate them regularly. Sure they do get the occaisonal scratch (I do a lot of shore fishing in very rough conditions) but that is called "normal usage". Since they do not sit permanently on a rod, they are almost pristine in appearance. I guess that due to the fact that I do not have any money makes me appreciate what toys that I do have, a lot more.

I agree. Had the exact same thing happen to me. I had problems with the anti-reverse. Brought it to a shop to repair and then stored it away for the season. Cost me like $50..... Then on the first day of the next season, it acted up again. brought it back in and they said they only oiled and lubed it and that usually fixes the problem. But apparently it didn't so they fixed it again, by replacing that plastic ring bearing thing. Wanted to charge me $120! I obviously got very mad.

First of all, why did I have to pay for a cleaning it didn't need and then get charged full price for their error? Now this was a Diawa reel that I payed well over $200. But to charge half the price of the reel to fix a bearing??This wasn't Diawa. This was a local repair shop. I think I gave him $60 or $80 and left.

Anyways, this does not take away from the quality of a Diawa reel. Its those anti-reverse ring bearing designs that need to be improved upon. The only problem I have with Diawa is there parts take long since they are located in Texas.

I'm sure once they replace that ring it will be running like new.

And Mr.Mike is definitely a pot stirrer and how one guys opinion equates to all Americans is silly.

Its not like GCD was telling him to sell a broken reel. He told him to fix it and sell it if he was not happy with the product. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Hopefully you get it fixed soon.

Click, Click, Click. Give Mike a break eh Kids. He just may have a point. His only point is he said Americans, that's whats getting all you Lemmings in a Huff. As a Non Clicker here I will speak my mind and say Dawg you slipped and unfortunately on this Board that's a no-no. But you always got Roy to Back ya. You will be Jumped on if you aren't politically correct, or make a joke. Mike you have committed a sin speaking your mind. Danbo I seen your Vid and I know your Insane if that's your gendra of music you listen to. As far as the Reels. get rid of the Okuma, and thanks for giving us a reason to stick with Daiwa or Shimano. My cheap Mitchells seems like a great deal now for me at $15. No hard feelings my American friends, but from where I am. This is entertainment. Now Im going to get jumped for my spelling. A Sk fishing report is on its way.

Click, Click, Click. Give Mike a break eh Kids. He just may have a point. His only point is he said Americans, that's whats getting all you Lemmings in a Huff. As a Non Clicker here I will speak my mind and say Dawg you slipped and unfortunately on this Board that's a no-no. But you always got Roy to Back ya. You will be Jumped on if you aren't politically correct, or make a joke. Mike you have committed a sin speaking your mind. Danbo I seen your Vid and I know your Insane if that's your gendra of music you listen to. As far as the Reels. get rid of the Okuma, and thanks for giving us a reason to stick with Daiwa or Shimano. My cheap Mitchells seems like a great deal now for me at $15. No hard feelings my American friends, but from where I am. This is entertainment. Now Im going to get jumped for my spelling. A Sk fishing report is on its way.

Much obliged to you for taking time out of your busy schedule of recruiting Easterners out west (misery loves company eh!) to explain how things work around here. I'll be sure to watch my step so I don't "slip" anymore! :wallbash: Heaven forbid I should commit another no-no! :oops:

As you can see... I was having problems figuring that one out! :mellow:

Roy knows just as well as I do that I don't expect any special treatment around here just because he's my nephew!

How do you propose for Kemper to get rid of a nearly brand new $200 fishin' reel if he's not supposed to sell it and recoop at least part of his hard earned money back... into the garbage?... give it away? $200 may not be very much to someone that saves all their money by buying $15 reels... but it's a good chunk to me and most other folks.

Edited by Greencoachdog

Around 4 years ago I bought 4 Okuma Inspira spinning reels to use as loaners and for just hacking around.

Not impressed with them at all. Most notably I've had problems with the anti reverse on each and every one of them.

Personally I'll never buy another Okuma product...

On that note is anyone interested in buying a used Okuma Inspira? :dunno:

(just kidding :D )

Edited by solopaddler

Mike! You're selling things that are not new?? You must be an American eh?

:D

After some thought, if anyone on the board wants a used Okuma Inspira, shoot me a pm with your address and I'll mail you one, seriously. First come first served.

They're not the greatest reels, but ARE functional, I just don't use 'em anymore.

(preferably a kid or someone who doesn't already own a bushel load of reels)

MrMike...you've been here 2 weeks, and you're spewing 12 posts a day. That's 10 too many for someone who hasn't even got the basics down, like what plastics we use and how to spell Lakair. Now that you've drawn attention to yourself, I notice that your post history shows you usually fall into 2 categories. There's the content-free "nice fish!" type 3-word stuff, and then there's general nastiness where you attack everyone from the mods to Kemper to the staff at Bass Pro. Even this morning, you've thrown huge insults at the core members of this site. At this rate, you're likely --><-- close to being shown the door.

Being such an astute OFNer and making the comment about my content free "nice fish" type 3 word stuff (and with you not being any where smart enough to figure it out) I guess I must point it out to you, one of your so called CORE MEMBERS seem to have the right to attack and belittle anyone they like on this site( and I truly do believe his IQ aint all that high) has made at least 1000 of his 6000+ posts with the exact CONTENT FREE "GREAT REPORT< NICE PICS type 3 word stuff, but because he has high post number he is a OFC GOD, so go read the posts over again and put it all together and you (well maybe not you,get some help) will see that it is a spoof to one of your know it all 6000+ posters.

And seriously how the hell does a person make so many freakin post on any site, for gods sake man get a freakin life.

HOLDFAST keep up the good work and thanks for keepin my country the best in the world.

Being such an astute OFNer and making the comment about my content free "nice fish" type 3 word stuff (and with you not being any where smart enough to figure it out) I guess I must point it out to you, one of your so called CORE MEMBERS seem to have the right to attack and belittle anyone they like on this site( and I truly do believe his IQ aint all that high) has made at least 1000 of his 6000+ posts with the exact CONTENT FREE "GREAT REPORT< NICE PICS type 3 word stuff, but because he has high post number he is a OFC GOD, so go read the posts over again and put it all together and you (well maybe not you,get some help) will see that it is a spoof to one of your know it all 6000+ posters.

And seriously how the hell does a person make so many freakin post on any site, for gods sake man get a freakin life.

HOLDFAST keep up the good work and thanks for keepin my country the best in the world.

My aren't you the eloquent one!!! You're such a charmer and say the sweetest things!!! :wub::wub::wub:

I think I've come up with a solution that will solve Kempers problem and make everyone on this thread happy... I'll be back in a bit with it.

I think the best solution for this whole argument would be for MrMike and Holdfast to give Kemper $100 each for his reel and they could destroy it and throw it in the garbage and be assured that nobody would get ripped off by buying a bad reel. This would also show that they are truly men of their words and not just little fingers on a keyboard.

Kemper could give/send the reel to either MrMike or Holdfast, which would destroy the reel with a hammer or other means and take pics of it and post them on the board... this way we would all be sure they did "The Right Thing" and are the men they say they are.

Unless of course throwing the reel in the garbage is only the right thing to do when it's someone else's money!

What do you say men?... ready to put your money where your typing fingers are?

Thats a Negative Big Fella. Ill stick to what Ive got. Just to change the subject, Im thinking of using my old Mitchell 300 reel that I found in the Garbage and hooking it up with a 9 foot light salmon Rod and fish the Dirty old Saskatchewan River. Bet ya the drag is as good as the Okuma 200 dollar reel. Dont call me Fossil, but I couldnt see a classic reel go in the Garb

I think the best solution for this whole argument would be for MrMike and Holdfast to give Kemper $100 each for his reel and they could destroy it and throw it in the garbage and be assured that nobody would get ripped off by buying a bad reel. This would also show that they are truly men of their words and not just little fingers on a keyboard.

Kemper could give/send the reel to either MrMike or Holdfast, which would destroy the reel with a hammer or other means and take pics of it and post them on the board... this way we would all be sure they did "The Right Thing" and are the men they say they are.

Unless of course throwing the reel in the garbage is only the right thing to do when it's someone else's money!

What do you say men?... ready to put your money where your typing fingers are?

Maybe you could explain how passing on a reel to either one of us changes this whole senario one bit, all your solution does is pass it on to someone(WOULD BE JUST LIKE SELLING IT) other than whoses problem it is(THE BUYER) unfortunatly for Kemper if Okuma doesnt come good on their goods he is and should be the one stuck with it, so again all your doing is trying to pass a piece of crap to another person down the line, and again all you have done is provin the American mentallity and tried to shame and bully(What do you say men?... ready to put your money where your typing fingers are?) someone into taking a stance, where you seem to have gone wrong is now you some how want me to say because I dont think anyone else should get ripped off, I should be the one to step up and get ripped off(I can see how you had to wait to post your solution, because it probably takes a little time to gather all the cousins together and try and find an answer)

Bottom line agian ITS WRONG TO SELL SOMEONE SOMETHING YOU KNOW IS NO GOOD thats my morals and the way I live my life, you on the other hand feel its your right to rip off the next guy because it happened to you.

You cant win this because you and your morals are WRONG and all the years of breeding from your gene pool have put you at such a disadvantage.

GREAT REPORT NICE PICS

GREEN TROUT

And by the way I have enough class not to insult your vets and the young men dieing to save your sorry :asshat: and I have seen you insult Holdfast a number of times in the past and for this I think your a pile of chiiit

Edited by MrMike

Maybe you could explain how passing on a reel to either one of us changes this whole senario one bit, all your solution does is pass it on to someone(WOULD BE JUST LIKE SELLING IT) other than whoses problem it is(THE BUYER) unfortunatly for Kemper if Okuma doesnt come good on their goods he is and should be the one stuck with it, so again all your doing is trying to pass a piece of crap to another person down the line, and again all you have done is provin the American mentallity and tried to shame and bully(What do you say men?... ready to put your money where your typing fingers are?) someone into taking a stance, where you seem to have gone wrong is now you some how want me to say because I dont think anyone else should get ripped off, I should be the one to step up and get ripped off(I can see how you had to wait to post your solution, because it probably takes a little time to gather all the cousins together and try and find an answer)

Bottom line agian ITS WRONG TO SELL SOMEONE SOMETHING YOU KNOW IS NO GOOD thats my morals and the way I live my life, you on the other hand feel its your right to rip off the next guy because it happened to you.

You cant win this because you and your morals are WRONG and all the years of breeding from your gene pool have put you at such a disadvantage.

GREAT REPORT NICE PICS

GREEN TROUT

No no no Son!!!

It's not passing it down, you will throw it in the garbage so nobody else will get it... get it???

No no no Son!!!

It's not passing it down, you will throw it in the garbage so nobody else will get it... get it???

What part dont you get about how its not my problem ITS THE BUYERS, the same as he shouldnt give it to you to sell to someone else to recoup his money. Man your just not bright enough to get it.

Google BILL ENGELS heres your sign

Edited by MrMike

What part dont you get about how its not my problem ITS THE BUYERS, the same as he shouldnt give it to you to sell to someone else to recoup his money. Man your just not bright enough to get it.

Google BILL ENGELS heres your sign

That's what I thought, throwing it in the trash is only the right thing to do when it's someone else's money and not yours.

I was sure I could count on you to do the right thing and give Kemper his money back and dispose of the reel properly so nobody else would run the risk of getting ripped off... guess I was wrong.

That's what I thought, throwing it in the trash is only the right thing to do when it's someone else's money and not yours.

I was sure I could count on you to do the right thing and give Kemper his money back and dispose of the reel properly so nobody else would run the risk of getting ripped off... guess I was wrong.

How thick in the head are you man, This is between Okuma and Kemper no one else its not up to anyone to step up make it their problem. This was a moral question and like your morals your a freakin idiot, have fun with your redneck clan unfortunatly you have probably already breed so your gene will live on for at least another generation

I am finished with this thread.

I would like to commend Sam of Carra Outdoors for offering to exchange Kempers reel for him even though he didn't purchase the reel there!!!

Sam is a First Class guy all the way!!! :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

I will definitely be stopping into his store the next time I'm in the area!!!