northwest nipissing

zman

Well I'm heading up to nipissing for a few days just with my 2 daughters 3 and 5 to do some fishing for 3 days

I'm staying in Northwest bay .Does anyone have any idea how this fishing has been on this side of nipissing or what types og baits work good for the walleye .I will be fishing multi species to make sure I keep the girls busy.

I'm pretty sure this side of the lake is shallow.

I fished the area last summer. Quite shallow in the bay (6'-8'). Weeds will reach the almost to the surface in most spots. Makes trolling very tough. Most walleye will have moved to deeper water. Fish the creek channels on the south side of the bay for pike & bass. Top water baits or shallow baits should work. Early morning until about 10 am seemed best. For the kids drifting around the hole under the highway bridge with worms or minnows will produce panfish, catfish and sheaphead (freshwater drum). If you head out of the bay and stay north of the islands at the mouth of the bay, drifting in 12'-15' will produce a mixed bag but be prepared to raise your lines for the many thick wed beds.

Good Luck: Rick

Edited by Woodsman

My dad lives just outside Lavigne. I fish this area 2-3 times each summer. Use spinnerbaits in green or white and rapalas 4-6 inch floating ones in orange or green around any of the islands in about 7-9ft of water and you will find lots of pike. The bridge over the bay in Lavigne is the deepest spot around roughly 17ft where you will find pike. smallies and even maybe walleye. Fish the weeds and pads and you will catch some largemouth,try topwater.jitterbugs work great.