Belle River kids fishing derby

Handlebarz

Well the kids fishing derby came and went again it was a blast for all the kids the weather man was great to us with just a hint of rain around 9am but not enough to get the road wet. there was about 180 kids that were entered I did not get the final count but that was the number I was told from the BIA person in charge of registration.

My favorite picture as you enter Belle River

IMG_2850-1.jpg

Well the day starts out early for our guys getting cups of bait ready for the kids thanks Marty Cody and John I guess George was looking for new bait colors LOL

IMG_2956.jpg

I got to have the honers of measuring alot of the fish and watch the kids come with ther ecatch and the huge smiles. Marty and Terry were also getting slimmed but it was not the good kind sheep head and rock bass were in huge numbers. Here is Marty measuring the 20" sheep head that was the big fish for the day.

IMG_2971.jpg

we had teens out who were fishing for the first time and had a blast here is one of them wit hhis first fish ever.

IMG_2967.jpg

the kids were everywhere fishing any where the water was you could fins some one at one point or another this dock was not bare for long this was first thing in the am.

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2970.jpg

the measuring table was also a big hit.

IMG_2975.jpg

IMG_2963.jpg

yes I would have had the same look on my face if some one like that asked to take my picture LOL :mrgreen:

IMG_2958.jpg

this was a blast no mom or daughter wanted to hold the big fish.

IMG_2969.jpg

Well now for the meat of the day all the kids were done fishing and ready for some prizes we had alot to hand out so I will only post a few pics.

IMG_2977.jpg

IMG_2976.jpg

IMG_2981.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

Not bad first fish of your life and you get a new rod

IMG_2999.jpg

all the kids now need to get there sugar rush so we gave out the grab bags and candy

IMG_3003.jpg

The belle River Chapter of Muskies Canda also donated two prize packs for both boys and girls here is a picture of the young guy but the girl must have left before we had time to get a picture with her..

IMG_3008.jpg

Last but not least this could not happen with out all the help from the members of the Belle River chapter of Muskies Canada and the Belle river BIA helpers thanks to all here are the Belle river members that made it out.

IMG_3010.jpg

i witnessed the event. it was well run with great volunteers. great going folks. in the economy downturn im sure it was a big welcome for parents and kids alike.. the belle river chapter of m.c.i is very involved in the great outdoors, and its future fisher people.

thanks for the kind words these events are where the future lies if kids events did not take place then there would not be alot of seeds planted to keep them interested we get alot of people that come up and thank all of the people who run these events and let us know this is the only chance they get to fish???????? I dont understand because the fish are in the same place every weekend and the place is open to the public but either way its great to have them out and if we get one new kid hooked on fishing each time then it was well worth it. I cant wait for the next event

great job to the chapter and yourself Mike a big kudos to u

i was gonna bring my 3 boys out twins 2 and older guy is 4 but we had a family thing that day im sure my oldest would have loved it

there should be more and more things like this for the kids

next year i am certain i will attend with the boys

congrats again