anyone looking to spend around 5 grand on a boat

bow slayer

There is a boat package for 8 grand on the classified board. 17ft Lowe with a 75 E-Tech. I would really like to put that motor on my boat. Here is the deal If someone is willing to spend 5 grand I will put up the 3 grand . I then will swap you motors, you keep the boat and a 2001 40hp Evinrude 4-stroke. I get the 75 e-tech. Or if someone wants to buy that boat for the price asked I will swap you motors plus 3000.

Interesting proposal, and I'm looking for a boat myself. The Lowe Stinger, according to my Lowe catalogue, is 17.5 feet long, 85 inches wide, hull weight of 1110 pounds, with a max hp rating of 75. Do you think the 40HP 4-stroke has enough power to make it plane with 2-4 adults in it?

Edited by fishinggeek

Interesting proposal, and I'm looking for a boat myself. The Lowe Stinger, according to my Lowe catalogue, is 17.5 inches long, 85 inches wide, hull weight of 1110 pounds, with a max hp rating of 75. Do you think the 40HP 4-stroke has enough power to make it plane with 2-4 adults in it?

NO

That boat is set just perfect, the way it is set up.

my guess would be 2 adults yes, 4 adults no...but that's just a guess

Thanks for the guess. Sounds right to me.

NO

That boat is set just perfect, the way it is set up.

Thanks. I would've guessed the same thing. I'm out for this deal. Nothing more annoying than an under-powered boat with several adults and rough waters.