My walleye expertise finally paid of haha

Marko

Emil, aka IceFisherman was kind enough to take me walleye fishing with him this morning.

He was looking for a partner and i wanted to fish so after couple of PM`s we finally met up at 4 am and off we were to Burwell. Great guy he is, knows his fishing for sure.

Weather was calling for nice and calm morning and we were in the water by 5:30.

There was barely any wind, less then a foot waves, it looked like a perfect morning.

Emil had a fish on shortly but lost it.

After some debating, he took one of mine 7 foot medium spinning rods and set it up for down rigging, after some 30 minutes i had a fish on. I swear i thought i was just pulling some weeds or somebody`s garbage bag full of water but it was a nice eye, my Pb just reached 27.5 inches.

DSCI0277.jpg

Then Erie got really angry and the winds have picked up drastically, those 1 foot waves turned into 5 feet waves, we still trolled for good 2 hrs under these conditions and managed to get some Giant Perch, don't have pics of them but those guys were massive.

I snapped couple of photos of the lake, the picture doesn't do it justice.

Its unbelievable how it changed in less then 30 minutes, scary actually.

DSC00176.jpg

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

Emil tried really hard to get us on some more fish, it just didn't work out today.

Thanks a lot bud! It was great meeting you!

Cheers

Nice walleye for sure !!!..too bad about the wind,they had small craft warnings out for all the great lakes,i didnt hit lake o either this morning frecast for 5-8ft waves !!!! glad yopu guys got out for a few hours,those big fat perch will be tasty !!!!...cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Hey Marko,

thanks for the company and great pictures, sory we didn't get more eyes in the boat but hey....weather was not with us today for sure.

Any time you want to go out, we'll do it again Bud.

Glad my boat had it's first real life 5-6 feet waves test and passed it with flying colors.

Took us an hour or so to go back to port with 7-8 mph max speed...not to mention the free shower we all got ha ha ha.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman