Questions regarding transducer mounting

Fish4Eyes

I just bought a new fish finder and realized i can not mount the transducer mount to the existing piece of plastic that has been screwed to my hull because the center of the transducer does not line up with the bottom of the hull. I don't want to drill any holes in my hull, so I am looking for some kind of glue to bond a new plastic mount onto my hull. What is good to use, and do they sell any kind of plastic mounts that the transducer mount can be screwed onto to? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Fish4Eyes

Bert's sells a transducer mounting board...

http://www.teclausa.com/bert/products/MF32...ducer-board.jpg

Screw or glue it to your transom and mount the transducer to it. I would mount the corners flush with the bottom of your boat and file out any contour that will disturb water flow. Then fill the seam between the hull and tansom for a smooth transition.

Use 3M 5200 marine epoxy for filling and gluing.

http://www3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/auto_m...ler/output_html

Edited by SlowPoke

Good luck with mounting it without screw type fasteners, I don't think there is an adhesive that will stand the test of time or any incidental bumps and such that normal transducers receive.

Go ahead and screw it, it'll be much more secure.

I dont mind screwing the transducer bracket to a plastic piece, i just don't want to screw a piece of plastic to my boat. I was thinking I could get away with some sort of glue.

I've got a suction cup mount on mine. I put it on last year because I was unsure of what I was going to do. Let's just say the suction cup is still there. I don't get depth at high speed, but I figure It won't really do me any good anyways because I know when I "hit" bottom.