gulp alive

canadianboy

leach or minnows(gulp alive)  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Leach or minnow

• leach
    • minnow

I like the minnow because was successfull with them catching eyes. The action is just the same as plastic twister tails. If you read the other thread, there was a mention of the bucket leaking and also a link so you can send feedback on this product and yesterday, did that...... this was the response I got from them today:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your recent experience using one of our products.  We always appreciate hearing from avid fishermen concerning the quality and performance of our products.

We have a long-standing reputation for producing the finest in fishing tackle.  From the information you have provided, it would seem the product you were using was not up to the high standards that Pure Fishing anglers have come to expect.  For this we sincerely apologize.  Please send the defective product to:

PURE FISHING
ATTN: CUSTOMER SERVICE
1900 - 18TH STREET
SPIRIT LAKE IA 51360

Make sure you put your return physical address inside with the product.  Once we receive the product we will send out the replacement.

We trust this new product will deliver the performance that has made Abu Garcia, Berkley, Fenwick, Mitchell, Johnson, Stren, Sevenstrand and Spiderwire the best in the fishing tackle industry.

Thanks again for contacting us and voicing your concerns.  We appreciate your interest and willingness to share your thoughts and opinions.

The best in fishing to you,
Nissa Lundquist
Customer Service Representative
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] Posted At: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 10:28 AM Posted To: Berkley
Conversation: Berkley Fishing Contact Form - Leaking Gulp Alive Bucket
Subject: Berkley Fishing Contact Form - Leaking Gulp Alive Bucket

NAME: Jacques Drolet

EMAIL: [email protected]

COMMENTS:
I recently bought a bucket of Gulp Alive 3" minnow grub and the juice keeps leaking out after it was opened.  I spoke to some of my friends and they also having the same problem with the bucket leaking.  Can you please bring this to the attention of who ever is responsible for the design and rectify the defect in the plastic bucket.

If you buy one and it leaks, please send an email.

Leechman

i definatly will shoot you an email because im for sure buying some before the weekend just not sure between leaches or minnows but becuase who caught eyes on the minnows(my fav. fish) i think im going to get those but i will wait and see a little bit longer for more feedback. hopefully the gulp will be a lot better quality then the bucket. how big were the eyes you were getting with the minnows.

thanks

canadianboy

Glad to hear they took care of you and that they are offering a replacement !! it shows at least they care about their customers...cheers to pure fishing !!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Oh and by the way,i prefer to fish for walleyes with the gulp 3"minnow but at certain times they will hit a gulp3"leech as well,so they both are great in my books and i use them quite frequently !!!!

Edited by fishindevil

how big were the eyes you were getting with the minnows.

thanks

canadianboy

They were in the 18" - 19" range.....here is a pic that I posted not to long ago

i242308675_76647_2.jpg

OOOh!! I forgot to mention, who ever put that link in the other thread.... cant remember the name.....Thank you.

FD

Oh and by the way,i prefer to fish for walleyes with the gulp 3"minnow but at certain times they will hit a gulp3"leech as well,so they both are great in my books and i use them quite frequently !!!!

Will certaintly give leeches a try.... just did not get the chance to use them. Thanks a bunch

Leechman

WTG Leechman....

I have both the leeches and minnows and they both were leaking....made my boat smell like crap.

That was exellent info to have bud and for that I thankyou.

As for the original post......

I think the entire THING was a scam....a sales/marketing scam to the extreme.

My wife swears by them as her confidence bait so Im with it for the time being....BUT..

I'd never buy another bucket...Never.

Leak or not......the real thing is the real deal and a darnsight more affordable..

Gulp makes some great products but I think you;'d be further ahead getting the regular gulp rather then the gulpAlive.....SAVE A FEW BUCKS AS WELL.

....if money isnt an issue ..try it out.

I believe its a waste of money.

My.......$0.02

I don't remove the entire safety seal under the lid. I cut it around the inside of the pail and leave the strip on top of the pail to act as a gasket, haven't had any leaks so far.

Now that is a good call. Having said that I only peel back the safety seal halfway and it is always still on and mine leaks.

I've never used the stuff, but my wife wants too. She thinks it's "cute", and that's what catches fish.

As for the seal. A buddy of mine has gone through several pails of the stuff already. His tip is to not pulloff the seal, but cut a cross in the middle to be able to get at the stuff but not leak. It was bouncing all over the boat on a trip, upside down and all, no leaks. The only slime was from the pike!!!

I got the exact same email a week ago when I last posted about gulp...I wrote back and told them that I had already spent 20 dollars on the bucket and I was not willing to spend even more to mail a defective bucket back to them. I got no further emails back. hmmmmm

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your recent experience using one of our products.  We always appreciate hearing from avid fishermen concerning the quality and performance of our products.

We have a long-standing reputation for producing the finest in fishing tackle. From the information you have provided, it would seem the product you were using was not up to the high standards that Pure Fishing anglers have come to expect. For this we sincerely apologize. Please send the defective product to:

PURE FISHING

ATTN: CUSTOMER SERVICE

1900 - 18TH STREET

SPIRIT LAKE IA 51360

Make sure you put your return physical address inside with the product. Once we receive the product we will send out the replacement.

We trust this new product will deliver the performance that has made Abu Garcia, Berkley, Fenwick, Mitchell, Johnson, Stren, Sevenstrand and Spiderwire the best in the fishing tackle industry.

Thanks again for contacting us and voicing your concerns. We appreciate your interest and willingness to share your thoughts and opinions.

The best in fishing to you,

Nissa Lundquist

I got the exact same email a week ago when I last posted about gulp...I wrote back and told them that I had already spent 20 dollars on the bucket and I was not willing to spend even more to mail a defective bucket back to them. I got no further emails back. hmmmmm

mekissa did the same and included my home address and this is the reply I got:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 10:03 AM
To: Jacques Drolet
Subject: RE: Berkley Fishing Contact Form - Leaking Gulp Alive Bucket

Hello
Thank you for this additional information.
I will send you a replacement bucket.

sincerely,

Nissa Lundquist

B)B)B)

Thanks again for the email link! :thumbsup_anim:

Leechman