Rolling Down the Rideau River (NF)

Hello All,

Spent a few hours casting a line yesterday on the Rideau River. The largemouth are still scattered and not relating to their normal haunts, making fishing a bit of a struggle as of late. Saying that, I did pop a few casting frogs and toads along shallow shoreline areas, and a couple on jigs in heavy cover...

Did come across an interesting sight at one point. :o

Saw what appeared to be a log sticking slightly out of the water. Worked the boat over, and to my surprise, caught two snapping turtles (and a big guy and gal at that) discovering the birds and bees!

Was really neat to see, and I was able to get within a foot or so from the action. :clapping:

(At least the big guy was nice enough to let his mate catch her breath every once in a while! ;) )

Snappers01.jpg

Snappers02.jpg

Good Fishing,

Justin

Congrats, Justin - that really is a rare find! Thanks for posting those pics.

Jeff and I found ourselves smack in the middle of a dragonfly orgy on Saturday. Nothing shy about these critters - we kept having to shoo them off our rods, hands, feet, etc.

2692481371_9d82a4114a_o.jpg

2692448825_47dc064343_o.jpg

2692448947_bf772728a1_o.jpg

Very cool pic,s by all.

I watched a couple of small butterfly doing this thing last week. At first I thought they were attacking each other,but on further watching,you could see them stop for a quick split sec, then fly off and do it again. This went on for about 15 minutes.