Who replaced the bulb in there 50" Hitachi TV?

charlied

During the winter someone posted replacing the bulb in there 50" Hitachi TV. I am looking for that person cause my screen is starting to turn blue and I wanna know how they found there bulb for it cheap. Sorry guys its a Hitachi and not a Toshiba....LOL

Edited by charlied

does not sound like a bulb to me... they completely blow.. to the point where they sound like a small bomb went off.. I am assuming is it LCD prrojection or DLP? my Toshiba is a DLP

G

Edited by Gerritt

During the winter someone posted replacing the bulb in there 50" Hitachi TV. I am looking for that person cause my screen is starting to turn blue and I wanna know how they found there bulb for it cheap. Sorry guys its a Hitachi and not a Toshiba....LOL

Uhhhh.......Ohhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turning blue, I know that scenario.

If it is an LCD(rear projection???) the inbound and outbound polarizing filters have failed because of dust and not being cleaned. The blue LCD panel is the first to go, with the polarizers not working. The bulb burns the pixels to the point of a big yellow dot eventually. At least, that is what happens with our Sony data projectors.

With the Sony's, new prism block assembly, to the tune of $3,000.00 to replace. Our Sanyo's can have individual LCD's replaced, but much the same price.

We are just buying new projectors that are much brighter for less than the cost of repairing the originals.

Hope it is still under warranty.

If it is a DLP, I have no idea about them, we don't own any where I work.

What type of TV is it?

If it is an older style CRT TV (big and thick) you aren't dealing with a bulb, you are dealing with CRT guns and they don't typically burn out. You may be dealing with a convergence issue - PM me if you like and I can point you to a couple of different Home Theatre sites that may have some good information for you.

its new...only 1.5 years old. We bought the extended warrenty 5 year deal! Paid out our butts and I hope it is worth it. It is an LCD screen. Phoned a repair place and they said it is more than likely the LCD screen going.

Like Gerritt said, it doesn't sound like a bulb issue. POP, and they're gone.

I also bought the 5 year extended warranty with my DLP 3 1/2 years ago. I ended up having the "light engine" replaced twice, and the third time they just gave me a new tv, as the warranty states. I upgraded to a LCD flat panel for a few hundred more that the set they were offering me. I'm happy with it, as so much has changed in the past 3 1/2 years. They told me that the bulb on my new set is rated for 6 hours per day for 27 years. Sounds good to me. I also bought the extended warranty on the new set. With this new technology, I would be without it for such a large purchase. Good luck with your problem.