Manitoulin Island

dobee

Hey everyone,

just wondering if anyone has stayed at any cottages on manitoulin island, we are looking to stay for 2 days next week and was hoping someone on here has been there recently and could recommend someone to stay with... were looking to do lots of fishing (rent a boat) and some hiking and stuff...

thanks for any help.

Joe

I've stayed at Oakes cottages on lake Mindemoya a few times. The cottages are pretty nice and the walleye fishing can be fantastic. The lake itself is really clear so the best bite is usually just before dark. Hope this helps.

Mika

www.manitoulinresort.com

owned by Irishfields sister-in-law.

Sister-in-law just bought a resort on Manitoulin Island. It's on Lake Manitou, that is loaded with Lake Trout! Largest freshwater lake on a fresh water island! Campground area for tenting or RV's, some very nice cabins/cottages and she also has boat rentals that I keep telling her are way too cheap ($80 a day and currently only $210 for a WEEK - including your first tank of gas!) if she expects to make her mortgage payments. If you're planning a vacation up that way, give them a whirl ! Tell them I sent you and she'll probably add no more than 20% to your bill just for knowing me ! LOL !

Opps.... Looks like Will is on the ball today!

G

Edited by Gerritt

Hey Joe,

I have stayed at Mac's Camp & also Fred's Camp. Both are on Lake Kagawong. Lake has a ton of SM and apparently some big Pike & Jumbo Perch. I personally only caught the SM's. I didn't get a lot of time to fish but had a great time when I was out. Both camp's are very close to each other but I would say Mac's camp was best for fishing out of. Cabin's may be booked but they have camp sites for tent's or Trailers. Worth a look.

http://www.manitoulin-island.com/macscamp/boating.htm

The lake is Beautiful with huge Lime Stone walls and shoals. Lake looks tropical it is so clear and emerald green.

Have a great time!