Tough year

bucktail

Is it just me or has this year not produced any real nice fish yet for most people.

I know my hours are down due to family stuff, but it seems there isnt as many `` nice fish`` being caught this year as usual.

just a question.

Darren

I shot the lights out in May, but it was slooooooow for me in June.

But then again I've been out twice since May :(

My wifes due with my 3rd kid in.....ummm...about an hour or so LOL!

So my time on the water for July has been "non-exsitant"

Hopefully it picks up by September...

Edited by Cookslav

I shot the lights out in May, but it was slooooooow for me in June.

But then again I've been out twice since May :(

My wifes due with my 3rd kid in.....ummm...about an hour or so LOL!

So my time on the water for July has been "non-exsitant"

Hopefully it picks up by September...

Congrats to you and the wife! Best wishes to all.

G

depends I guess,I go fishing 12 months a year, I have been having a great season if you count since like January for the begginning of 2008...big pike, big steelhead,a couple pretty decent walleye,some lunker bass, and one lost big musky :Gonefishing: ,then again I do an aweful lot of fishing when time allows, atleast 2-3-4 days a week besides a couple lulls because of my workload or snow storms in the winter :lol:

if you look at all the team standings on the bottom.....people been into some pretty good fish, and there have been some great reporst over the last couple months

Edited by jwl

i have only targeted smallies this year so far and although i have had a couple slow days, i have caught a ton of bass this year. about 10-12 3 pounders+ 20-30 2-3lb bass and maybe a hundred+++ smaller guys.

I will tell you, my best days this year have been in the rain. So if your a fair weather fishermen then im sure its been slow, it seems like it rains every other day until this week.

Cheers!

On average the fishing for me has been good. My first pike was a monster 30 inches and heavy, but did not weigh it. A couple of good eyes. My first bass of the year was 4 pounds. I caught a 6.8 largy on the third day. Tonnes of smallies between 1.5 and 4 pounds.

I'll go out for an hour and get 10 to 15 bass one night. The next nothing. I am not taking as many pictures this year as I am too lazy.

Talked to a guy heading out thismorning, lucky fisher, he cannot get a smally to save his life, but is all over the eyes.

One thing I have noticed is that there is a large population of fishing boats around here now. Last year I might see one other one in a day. Now I'll see 10 within five minutes. I blame it on the price of gas and people not wanting to go as far as they used too to fish.

It's been a little more difficult this year locating the fish because of the higher than normal water levels due to the amount of rain we've been gettin', but still not bad fishin!!!

I've been having a great season so far but just takin a bit longer out on the water!!.....inland lakes for Specks, Rainbow and Lakers have been all good....Lakers are still biting but you have to get down to the 120' depth now....a buddy of mine went out to our honey hole yesterday and caught a 13lb laker down 120' in 180' of water...he caught and released 12 Lakers within 4 hrs!!

Muskie hunting has been good as well....1 at 49" and another 44" as well as 2 misses in 3 outings.... :Gonefishing:

Edited by TroutnMuskieHunter

I don't know what is up either this year with all small fish.... I did excellent steelheading all year until a week before opener. Pike was huge numbers but small fish. Then, I spent the morning at my favourite smallie spot and I sure do miss the option of being able to crayfish. Leechs or gulp live leeches are okay I have caught about 80+ (small) smallies and maybe 25 (smaller) largies in about 8 trips this year so far. Tons of fun and it is a challenge to land any bass there which I get reminded of when I see 10 to 20 other anglers not catching anything but rock bass and sunfish. It is however getting really old when you see a 2 or 3 pounder swim right by any offering. I was catching a bass every other cast this morning but after seeing 5 different BIG fish just keep going I packed it in early to come home, before it got too hot.

Maybe we need a week without rain to turn them on or something anything...... anyone got any ideas LOL

I haven't been doing as well as last year but as someone else has said - have done well in the rain. Weather has been wacky and water levels up. Maybe this has changed where the fish are? :dunno:

Got a 42 incher but nothing big ;-)

Fished really hard the last 2 weeks and had ok success but something seems to be off this year.

Alot of smaller fish but nothin big.

Oh well Ill keep tryin.

Bad fishing is like pizza and sex.....even when its bad its still good!!