Wading the Mighty Lynn

Rich

Well after what seemed like an eternity without any fishing I managed to get out yesterday evening for a couple of hours at a spot a friend of mine showed me in the spring. There are trout and other species here, but I didn't want to play around with them, I just wanted carp. Reason being, they put a bend in the rod which I really needed!

I ended up going 2/3 in an hour on little guys. Usually this spot has some pushing 10lbs which is big for the Lynn but they seemed smaller last night. Didn't both me a bit! Of course I took my camera crew along to follow the action. :thumbsup_anim:

First fish I caught from under a culvert just about at my feet. After I jumped in to grab this one I figured I might as well keep wading.

DSC01800.jpg

Sight-fishing from my "flippin' deck"

DSC01803.jpg

Fish on!

1.jpg

He's on the run!

2-2.jpg

Headed back for the stumps

3.jpg

Movin' him to my landing spot

4-1.jpg

This little beast fought like a giant.

5-1.jpg

Was quite fun fighting those little carp when they had so many obstructions to run to. That last one was a doozy. It ran for an undercut bank with a lot of roots, then for a stump, then for a bush that fell in the water. I had a heckuva time making sure he didn't snag me up.

Lots of fun!! Can't wait to get out again. Work sucks.