July 12th Laker Report

The day started with meeting my buddy Mike at 4:30AM today at our usual meeting area West of Ottawa ....continued back on the highway and got to the lake, and boat in the water before sunrise...

20080712_0001_1.jpg

Gorgeous morning it was and no other boats or people to be seen except for this loon....awesome!!!

20080712_0003_1.jpg

Soon as we got out to our starting point we missed 2 Lakers within a few minutes of getting our lines out...they were hittin' very lightly!!

The sun started to rise and the fog slowly started to lift...

20080712_0005_1.jpg

By 6:30, I had the first one in the boat...not too big, but definitely a keeper for dinner tonight ....It's unbelievable how hard these Lakers fight and the head shakes are constant right up to the boat...

20080712_0002.jpg

Mike was next with this 7lb 3oz fatty...ended up bein biggest of the day...GOOD ONE MIKE!! quick pic and back into the water as this one was a non-stocked Laker...

20080712_0004.jpg

Here's another one that Mike got before 9:30.....then it was shutdown period until we got off the lake at 11:30AM...Had another great outing with a good buddy and can hardly wait until next weekend's trout adventure!!....

20080712_0005.jpg

Steve

That last fish was very dark!

I wish I caught more lakers out on Lake O!

Thanks guys.....

Joeytier..I wish I could get out onto Lake O period for a chance to nail some Salmon and Rainbows!! The Lakers we caught did put up a good fight but nothing can compare to hooking into a nice big Chinook :Gonefishing: