Navionics and Lowrance 522c IGPS

wgk36

I recently got myself a Lowrance 522c IGPS with the Avioninc 14XG card (Great Lakes & Maritime). Under "Map Data", I select the Avionincs card (Montreal Region). When I zoom in closer than 4nm, I get a white screen with no data. I have also tried changing "Map Data" to Lake Lake Ontario and moving the cursor. I get the same results. I was expecting to see detailed chart info (ie depths, icons, contors, etc.) I am probably doing something wrong, but can't figure it out. I downloaded the simulator from Lowrance and also checked out their FAQ. :wallbash: Any help woulp be greatly appreciated.

hey GlenK,

I recieved the same unit as you have for a father's day gift and then purchased the Navionics Gold.

It works very well for all my fishing haunts except,

Just messin' around, I too went to Mapdata and clicked on Maritimes to my home town just south of Halifax and there was no data to be found just the map enlarged.

As I was zooming out I did notice the fine 'RED OUTLINES" that show covered areas.....

seems not all of the maritimes is covered nor all of the great-lakes....

Could be the same withthe Montreal area you are looking for......

I'll look for the Montreal area later today when/if I get down to the boat....and let you know how I made out.

Glenn, you might have to only zoom in one 'notch' at a time until you get used to the map positioning. My guess is that you are going in next to the map. I was using that exact same chip last night, same area also. Works great. If you continue to have problems, pop by my place and we'll go through it. Just PM me.

Glenn, you might have to only zoom in one 'notch' at a time until you get used to the map positioning. My guess is that you are going in next to the map. I was using that exact same chip last night, same area also. Works great. If you continue to have problems, pop by my place and we'll go through it. Just PM me.

Thanks Roy. I will look at it again today and revert.

Hey Glenn,

I dont have the same unit you have, but mine is the Lowrance H2Oc with Navionics Gold. I find if I hit zoom too many times quickly, the system takes a long time to catch up. The result is a blank screen until it can fill in all the detail. It can take well over a minute at times. If I zoom in once let the map draw, then zoom again, let it draw etc, it works just fine. Not sure if it's the same issue

I find if I hit zoom too many times quickly, the system takes a long time to catch up. The result is a blank screen until it can fill in all the detail. It can take well over a minute at times. If I zoom in once let the map draw, then zoom again, let it draw etc, it works just fine. Not sure if it's the same issue

Exactly, thats what I was going to say.

I have the 522iGPS with a Navionics Gold chip, and it does the same if I zoom too quickly.

Check to see what software version you have. The latest is 2.30v with 2.40v coming out in the next couple of weeks. Most units sold recently have 2.10v and should be updated to 2.30v so it will accept the newer 2.40v when it is released.

Bob

If it's a zoom-too-fast issue you should see a small map chip icon in the lower right hand corner. The map chip icon indicates when the computer is thinking. It's like the hard drive light blinking on your PC when you open an application.

-Brian

Guest skeeter99

it is probably that you are **over zoomed** the navionics chips have that problem you can only zoom in so far and then it is just blank

and be paitient cause the maps have to load and the cpu in the unit is not that great and or powerful for the high detail maps