R.I.P. George

blaque

Its a bad day for those who Love to laugh, .....and thats pretty much comprised of the entire human population. There wasnt a comedian alive that could deliver the way he did, and a comedic ICON has been lost today. His observations were edgy, and invoked downright tear inducing laughter at times , but coming from anyone else ,they just wouldnt have been the same. He split my sides, until at some point, many times after his shows, ..... you actually wound down and had to take pause and think about what he said.

There is no and will be no substitute. We'll never see anything like George Carlin, not even close, EVER again.

This may not be fishing related, but it deserves mention no matter what type of discussion forum. Not many come along and have such an effect on their profession like he did. To George Carlin, the intelligent mans comic!!

Just read it as well, that sucks!

I went to see him last year at Rama and we were the first show of his new material.

He was great....glad I saw him now.

Come to think of it 2 years ago I saw James Brown at Rama.....................

Maybe I should stop going to Rama.

Cheers to George for all the great entertainment over the years!

An incredible comedian. Never before have I experienced comedy that was so funny and INFORMATIVE at the same time. He seemed to have quite the analytical capabilities, and used these to come to informed conclusions about life and this world. He was able to share these in a hysterical way, he will be missed.

Not often a celebrity passes and it hits home like this one does. I love sitting down at the end of a hard day and lending an ear to anyone that can crack a smile out of me. Let alone have me rolling! Its the best medicine as they say. We can still listen to his timeless "ART" though his DVD's and CD's, etc......but it sucks that he wont be commenting on the things to come.

Mitch hedberg was probably the next best thing coming down the pipe, had his life and career cut much shorter than george. ........ a different type of humor however, we'll never know what he was capable of unfortunately.

Guest gbfisher

Don't mean to sound like a broken record... :blush: ...but......He was one smart, funny man.

Doesnt have to worry about his stuff anymore. :angel:

Edited by gbfisher