Thanks Kelvin

motv8tr

On the way home from Lak Air, about 70km down the rd. I got a flat on my trailer. Fortunately it happened where there was a passing lane so I had some room :) . I should have waited a few minutes to change it, when I was putting away the jack and lug wrench Kelvin pulled up in front of me :P All in all only cost me 15 minutes so not too bad.

He followed me the rest of the way to my exit to make sure I didn't have anymore problems....thanks again Kelvin!

Maureen

Nothing surprises me when it comes to folks on this board! Good stuff!

Just a side note on trailers having a flat...

1) Be sure that your vehicle jack will also be suitable to lift the trailer. Some won't go low enough to get under the axle.

2) Make sure the lug wrench for the tow vehicle also fits the lug nuts on your trailer. Some are a different size and require a separate wrench.

3) Remember to also check the air pressure in the spare. They tend to leak slowly when not used for long periods of time. I am fanatical about tire pressure on the trailer! I also make it a habit to pull over (usually for coffee!) after an hour on the road to check the temperature of the bearing hubs and tires. I want to know if either is overheating before something blows!