Cameron Lake Report

goteeboy

Took the boat out for the first time this season to Cameron Lake, which also happened to be the first time on that lake. Much more manageable in terms of size than Balsam. I first get out and the fish finder's not working. Not a good sign for being on a lake for the first time. I felt blind. Then we got to a spot, put down the trolling motor and put it in forward and it spins backward! Stupid me i had the positives and negatives mixed up. I assumed the motor would just not run, but it ran backwards! weird, eh? Well i reversed the wiring for the fish finder, and I once was blind, but now I see. Man, it shows how dependent i am on my fishfinder. How could i have ever fished without one.

The free launch in the channel is tricky w/ the current. Better bring a buddy. and be ready to get your feet wet.

Caught one 30 inch-ish muskie. neatly hooked and released at the side of the boat. i didn't even have to get my hands slimed. my friend had a cut off going for walleye and lost his favorite lure. a few oos LGB and dinky SMB. no walleye. Cameron's a nice lake, but i think i still like Balsam better. Cameron looks like it has some good LGB habitat too. we'll have to see come the opener.