A Life Experience/Encounter

I just have a little something to share about what I experienced in the last 3 days.

Recently I splurged (from selling my Cavalier) and bought myself a new camera. Anyway....I had wanted this camera mainly to take pics of the fish I intended on cathing for Team 11.

But...I also have been admiring some of the photographs posted in the photography section...especially those of Brandon....and some that Photoz sent me...and I thought...wow, I would like to capture nature.

So...on with the "experience"....I had the occassion recently to leave my camera on my dresser...which meant that every morning I would see it...and...I would get the feeling that I should take it with me. (I leave at 5:00 a.m. every morning)...I don't take the camera.....the very next morning I get the same feeling....I don't take the camera...mainly because I feel that I don't want to take the chance of leaving it in a hot car...the thought occurs to me that I could bring it with me into work...but I don't take it.

This morning...I'm thinking (yyyaaayyyy it's Friday)...I can have some ME time. So here I am on my way to work..driving down a courtry road (at least it's paved)....and I know there are lots of deer....I have seen them in the past....I am not even 2 minutes down the road where I can see in the distance something moving but stopping near the side of the road....as I get closer I see that it is a deer...so I slow right down...and the deer crosses in front of me....but there is a wire fence that he/she could not jump over....and it doesn't....instead in starts to run alongside me but just a few feet ahead...(if I had to guess I would say that at the most 60ft ahead of me on my right side. I took a quick glance behind me and I know from past mornings hardly anyone else is on the road....so I slow right down and here we are travelling down the road together...

Next time...I am taking my camera :)

(it's Friday night and I am just having a little party with myself...hehehehe)

Edited by twilight

Some of the most beautiful things in nature happen when you are not expecting them. I walk out on my deck with my coffee and an osprey glides by a meer 50' away; I walk out on my deck with my camera and the osprey is a small dot in the distance LOL.

So, from now on TAKE YOUR CAMERA! lol.

this one's for you BC.

osprey1.jpg

osprey2.jpg

there are many great moments in nature! but, it's tough trying to be a photographer and fish at the same time. you have to pick one. lol.

Edited by Raf

Spectacular! :clapping: Raf, those are the kind of shots some photographers only dream of getting. We often see the osprey snatching a fish out of the lake in front of here but I've never had the opportunity to get a picture of it. last year we were sitting out on the deck and one plucked a fish from the lake, it was headed straight toward us and the fish was a good size. The osprey was having trouble gaining altitude and bairly cleared the roof on our house, it couldn't have been more than 10' away from us. Unfortunatly all we have is the memory but at least we have that!

Wow -- I knew those Osprey's were good at catching fish...but they can clean and fillet them as well?!?!?!

Good post Twilight --- now get a lanyard for that camera and strap it to your wrist! :D