Has anyone tried this?

jonnybass

Here is a copy of an email I received last week. I'm wondering if anyone here has tried this yet?

Copy of email:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, the secret "they" apparently don't want you to know is that you

can run your car on water (and gas) using a simple do-it-yourself

modification. Basically, you can turn your car into a water hybrid

that uses both gas and water as fuel, thereby saving you 50% on gas.

I'm not a scientist by any means, but the easy way to explain this is

that the modification turns water into oxygen and hydrogen via

electrolysis, then uses the hydrogen as fuel. In other words, you can

turn your car into a water hybrid that runs on water as well as gas.

The modification only costs about $60 worth of materials that you can

pick up at Home Depot and auto parts stores. The best part is that

it's fully removable so it won't void your car's warranty.

I saw a gentleman advertising on Craigslist offering to do this for

people... That's how I first found out about it, and since then I've

heard from people who have actually done this and it really works.

This should be reported in every newspaper and on every television

station, but for whatever reason, it's not!

Before you get too excited about this, there are no companies that are

offering this service yet. That means that it's a do-it-yourself job.

(That's the first of 2 catches)

Don't worry, there are a few manuals available online that explain how

to do this... But... they are available "for sale" only. (That's the

second catch, unfortunately)

I warn you before you go online to buy one of these manuals: One is a

scam that isn't well explained and really doesn't work very well. A

couple of them do actually work well but are so complicated that they

require a PhD in electrical engineering in order to figure it out. The

other one that works well and is straight forward and easy to follow

costs over $200.

The one manual that actually works well and is easy and straight

forward to use is the one that I recommend. (They are selling it for

$49, which is reasonable)

This is where you can get the do-it-yourself manual that I recommend:

Run Your Car On Water

(they have some videos and info that explain better than I can what

this is all about)

Please forward this email to everyone in your address book, even if

you choose not to use it. If enough people find out about this and

actually start doing this, then demand for gas will go down and so

will prices, which benefits us all.

Thanks!

Jean

------------------------------------------------------------------

End of email.

My uncle actually installed one of these tools into his big Suburban.... I asked him about it and he said something about it not working YET. AS if it takes a few runs... Seems interesting. He said he bought a kit online.

Im interested in making my Honda Civic run FOREVER!!!!!! :w00t: lol

Im going to ask my uncle this weekend if it works and get back to this post.

jf, water injection is not a new tech. it's commonly used on forced induction (turbo/super charged) engines to help cool the intake charge down (compressing air generates a lot of heat).. which in turns allows you to run more "boost" (hence, more power) before pre-ignition (knock). water does not compress very well, so the amounts of h2o that make it into the combustion chamber are minute (other wise there'd be lots of bent rods).

the technology jb is talking about here is a different animal altogether. from what i understand they extract the hydrogen from the water and combine it with gasoline. so.. does a car run on hydrogen without serious modification? or a 50/50 mix? i think the truth is likely closer to 5/95. but i am just speculating.

Edited by Raf

There was a post where this was brought up a couple weeks ago here it is....

high gas prices

I looked at one of the links that was provided, and they had some video's that explained it pretty well, sounds like the technology works... the cars main fuel is water, which is converted to an HHO molecule to extract the hydrogen. Apparently this is much safer than traditional hydrogen fuel cells.

here is the video.... (about half way down the page)

video

The electricity that you would have to supply to produce a usefull amount of hydrogen through electrolysis of water would be BRUTALLY prohibitive. This is a bunch of Bull.... run away; run far, far away!!!

Burt :)

A quick link I found (who knows how accurate the numbers are but makes sense):

http://www.energybulletin.net/4541.html

"Only four percent of hydrogen is made from water. This is done with electricity, in a process called electrolysis. Hydrogen is only made from water when the hydrogen must be extremely pure. Most electricity is generated from fossil fuel driven plants that are, on average, 30% efficient. Where does the other seventy percent of the energy go? Most is lost as heat, and some as it travels through the power grid.

Electrolysis is 70% efficient. To calculate the overall efficiency of making hydrogen from water, the standard equation is to multiply the efficiency of each step. In this case you would multiply the 30% efficient power plant times the 70% efficient electrolysis to get an overall efficiency of 20%. This means you have used four units of energy to create one unit of hydrogen energy (3)."

Edit: the (3) footnote = (3) Joseph J. Romm The Hype About Hydrogen: Fact & Fiction in the Race to Save the Climate 2004

Edited by Burtess

"Only four percent of hydrogen is made from water. This is done with electricity, in a process called electrolysis. Hydrogen is only made from water when the hydrogen must be extremely pure. Most electricity is generated from fossil fuel driven plants that are, on average, 30% efficient. Where does the other seventy percent of the energy go? Most is lost as heat, and some as it travels through the power grid.

Electrolysis is 70% efficient. To calculate the overall efficiency of making hydrogen from water, the standard equation is to multiply the efficiency of each step. In this case you would multiply the 30% efficient power plant times the 70% efficient electrolysis to get an overall efficiency of 20%. This means you have used four units of energy to create one unit of hydrogen energy (3)."

Edit: the (3) footnote = (3) Joseph J. Romm The Hype About Hydrogen: Fact & Fiction in the Race to Save the Climate 2004

If they can ever develop a process for getting hydrogen that is better than engery neutral through a chemical reaction or cold fusion (which I still believe is possible)it still won't make sense to burn that hydrogen in cars. It would make more sense to burn the hydrogen to produce electricity to run our cars on. Electricity is easier to transport and much safer. Also it would be MUCH cheaper to IMPROVE the exsisting electric grid to handle this and most of the kinks have already been worked out of the electric car certainly for city commutes. They were pretty close to having long commutes whipped with the EV1 then it got scrapped. If GM had of kept at it instead of stopping who knows where the technology would be now?

I just saw this video. This guy's car runs 100% on water! What the?

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="349"></embed></object>

Is this not HHO :dunno:

Yes, it is HHO. From the video: "Kein has just patented his process of converting H2O into HHO" (through electrolysis)

That's the same thing the email was talking about. I'm trying to figure out why people say it doesn't work when it obviously does, unless I'm missing something.

I would try this on my own car but I have no knowledge of mechanics. I don't even do my own oil changes. lol.

I'm sure there are a lot of people on here that could get this working. Whoever that person is, I'd pay them to get it installed on my car. I'm sure a lot of OFNers would also.

Yes, it is HHO. From the video: "Kein has just patented his process of converting H2O into HHO" (through electrolysis)

That's the same thing the email was talking about. I'm trying to figure out why people say it doesn't work when it obviously does, unless I'm missing something.

I would try this on my own car but I have no knowledge of mechanics. I don't even do my own oil changes. lol.

I'm sure there are a lot of people on here that could get this working. Whoever that person is, I'd pay them to get it installed on my car. I'm sure a lot of OFNers would also.

I'm trying to figure out how to do it without buying any kit. I'm going to start with a lawnmower and then buy a $50 car to try it on.

I'm trying to figure out how to do it without buying any kit. I'm going to start with a lawnmower and then buy a $50 car to try it on.

Are you being serious? If so, that would be awesome to see how you make out. You should post pictures as you go so we can see this unfold. I'm very curious about this.

Except most of our electricity is water generated. So the efficiency is much, much higher. Imagine just using the water under your boat to power your boat??

Except most of our electricity is water generated. So the efficiency is much, much higher. Imagine just using the water under your boat to power your boat??

As I said in the HHO thread, Patent Pending :D

Are you being serious? If so, that would be awesome to see how you make out. You should post pictures as you go so we can see this unfold. I'm very curious about this.

I'm serious! It's finding the time to do it that's the hard part.

If I do get anywhere with it I will post pics (I will gladly show the blown engine pics as well :w00t: )

The electricity that you would have to supply to produce a usefull amount of hydrogen through electrolysis of water would be BRUTALLY prohibitive. This is a bunch of Bull.... run away; run far, far away!!!

This man has given the right info!

Not possible........ never has or never will be a solution.

Extracting hydrogen through electrolyisis is as old as dirt! Anyone who actually thinks it all of a sudden is a solution is just getting sucked in the high gas price drama!

Good luck!!

I have lucky rocks for sale......... 2000$ a pop........ They will make u live to the age of 120 years............. 100% money back guarentee :)

Extracting hydrogen through electrolyisis is as old as dirt! Anyone who actually thinks it all of a sudden is a solution is just getting sucked in the high gas price drama!

Good luck!!

I have lucky rocks for sale......... 2000$ a pop........ They will make u live to the age of 120 years............. 100% money back guarentee :)

Yeah and in 1939 they couldn't split the atom..... things do change. I still think cold fusion "worked" in the lab though so what do I know? LOL

Good luck!!

Now, I'm not saying your wrong, because I really don't have a great deal of knowledge of this process. I think the complete electrolysis of water is what made the old hydrogen fuel cells so inefficient and dangerous.

The new technology is only a partial electrolysis, where the water molecule is being re-arranged to HHO as opposed to 2 Hyrdogen ions and one Oxygen. perhaps since the bonds aren't actually being broken, considerably less free energy is required...

again just a thought, would love to hear from a chemist or physicist if we have any around.

Edited by freshwaterfanatic

Great thread!

Lot'sa differing opinions.

Bottom line, this is another scheme to separate gullible folks from their money.

If after reading these warnings, you decide to go ahead against better judgement, to purchas/install this nonsense, then remember.... We told you so!

I agree I think these little "cells" are a waste of money. I don't think modifying your current ride with these will gain much value. I could however see new concept cars, or HHO hybrids showing up in the next couple years. if the technology is legit.