Clear Lake Launch.

mike hagan

I've driven by kawartha park many times, duno why I always keep forgetting to use them as a boat rental! Will definately do that next time as they open at 6am not 9am like the other one i use and is closer to where i camp (lovesick lake).

I don't recommend Islandview cuz the owners are asses, here's their strategy. They rent you a boat, if you come back after 6pm they try to charge you an extra $100, no joke, its pretty sick. They don't say that there would be a fee if you come back late... so I recommend not giving business to slimy people like that.

Lookin forward to tryin kawartha park next time out...

There is a free government launch at McCrackens Landing which is about 15min from Youngs Point and about 30 seconds from clear lake. The only problem is that it is a bit shallow if you're launching something big. There is a deeper one there owned by the marina beside there but it is something like 8 in and 8 out which sucks. I've launched at Young's Point before at about 6am and there was nobody around so free! I suspect they have made it less accessable since though.