Non fishing posts - time for a poll (again... ;)

Puckhead

Non Fishing Threads...  

88 members have voted

1. 1. To split or not to split

• We need two general sections: one for fishing, one for non fishing
    • It's fine the way it is

To the originator of this thread. You've been here since the beginning of our re-vamped board. Ok, two days late but you were here all the same.

I'm puzzled as to why you'd ask for this poll. You've been through 3 of the same polls (voted on one of them) since you've been here and the results have always been the same. People want it to stay as it is.

Since you've been here, (a year and a half on the new board) you've started 7 topics, three of which were today. Of those seven topics, three of them were gambling type topics as in NHL/NFL pools. One was to ask for advice on the Ottawa..an OOD topic today (thank you) and hey! ONE fishing report!

What is it that you don't understand about non fishing topics? You could probably just be trying to get a rise out of the membres here..I don't know.

We've been at this for 10 years now and we have one of the strongest net/life communities in the world right now.

Tell me what you're thinking........

Thanks

I'm honestly stunned that people are upset that this was poll was put up...

I was viewing a hockey post (I know, shocking), and a poster was complaining about it being non fishing. I had noticed posts previously complaining about the same thing over and over again. I actually talked with an ex member the other day and he mentioned the same thing. I personally don't have a problem with NF topics - obviously, and as you most graciously pointed out through a summary of my posting history. (I have been around OFC well before there was a "C" - almost the full 10 years, but thanks for that...)

Things change - the last time we had a poll on this topic was, what I thought anyway, a long time ago. I wanted to see if it is bugging more people than I thought. And if it wasn't and all was still status quo, I could still go ahead and contribute nothing to the F part of OFC, as you pointed out.

I don't understand the lynching for putting this poll up. I explained on the first page why I was asking about it... I honestly had no ill intention of putting this up and had no idea some of the regulars here would get ticked off about it. Thanks for pointing out the lack of contribution to OFC from the "originator of this thread".

Edited by Puckhead

I FAIL TO SEE HOW SPLITTING FISHING AND NON-FISHING IN ANYWAY DEGRADES THE "COMMUNITY" ASPECT OF THE SITE. SO, I FAIL TO SEE ANYTHING RELEVANT IN JEN'S ARGUEMENT. FYI, I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR TOO LONG AS WELL.

I FAIL TO SEE HOW SPLITTING FISHING AND NON-FISHING IN ANYWAY DEGRADES THE "COMMUNITY" ASPECT OF THE SITE. SO, I FAIL TO SEE ANYTHING RELEVANT IN JEN'S ARGUEMENT. FYI, I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR TOO LONG AS WELL.

Through thick and thin Raf....

G

Ya know.. i dont think there is a lynching going on here... thats not the intent at all...m i think there are just alot of people, who are just very happy with the way things are... thats all... i certainly dont take any offence from this post at all, i do think that alot, not all, but alot of users get irritated a bit too easy when they see a thread we've answered a bunch of times before...

that said... enough said..... lockity lock lock..... back to nf threads ok???