~~~Sunday Foresome

oldphart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~Well Surprise Surprise look what stumbled out of Slug van this morning Shovel(long time missing), and our bait Muskie-bait

100_0705.jpg

Great a net-boy, and a spare, we got hoked up and away we went heading out for some Walleyes, and Channel Cats, again launching at the Shamrock Marina we headed up to the deep hole, where we did so well last week, and it wasn't to long before Yes your truly yells "Get the Net", "it's a Biggen", and after a very good fight, I had this one in hand

100_0706.jpg

100_0713.jpg

actually it had me boy those lips were sharp. Muskie-Bait very soon afterward say gay man-st "Phish On"

100_0708.jpg

I told him no that's bait this is what you want to catch, and brought in this purtty kitty

100_0709.jpg

Now we weren't the only ones catching phish but Slug, and Shovel released theirs before I could get a pics of their Rockies, and SM, very small SM. Seem to die down we headed up steam to the falls, and while having a light snack caught this pesky widdle fellar

100_0710.jpg

Also caught someones lost anchour, thank you very much, I give it to WD who lost his last week, since nothing was happening here we moved back down stream, and Shovel landed a pesky widdle fellar

100_0714.jpg

Well he was having a field day 2 SM, 24 Rockies, and a Crappie don't know why he was trying to hide

100_0715.jpg

100_0716.jpg

~~I have to say

muskie-Bait was also having a great day with the Kats, almost lost him over board till I made him sit down and fight it, safely,

2008_06_01_Severn_River004.jpg

and he followed it with another, and you should have seen the belly on it

.2008_06_01_Severn_River006.jpg

Wasn't long before I had another one on after just losing one, my final for the day

100_0717.jpg

Here's 2 short videos of Shovel fighting, his first Channel Kat, with Missy coaching

th_100_0718.jpg

th_100_0719-1.jpg

Shovel first Channel Cat

100_0720.jpg

~~All phish were released, to be caught next year, total count 10 cats on 7 landed, 2 eyes,2 SM, 2 perch, well over 3doz, rockies

~~~Shamrock Marina, is on the Severn River, first exit on Hwy 11, north of Hwy 169 on ramp. About 1/4 mile pass the bridge that crosses the river. In & out fees $15. phish just up steam of any holes you find, and have a good anchour with lots of rope

Guest Johnny Bass

Thanks! I have fished those falls from shore but never fished that stretch from a boat! Looks like a healthy population of Channel cats!

Edited by Johnny Bass