fireline

spoonmaster

Guest Fishing For Life

Crystal is chemically fused together

whereas the orignal Fireline is like PowerPro

which is consist of many thinner strings twisted together

I like Crystal way more than the original

I love the crystal - used it on all my light gear last year - tube fishing smallies to jigging 'eyes. Not a huge fan of the regular fireline (found it hard to work with compared to PP with heavier lines like 20lb+). Thanks for heads up Al.

My 2 cents worth. I tried the crystal last year on my spinning outfit. It performed fine however I found it was stiffer then PowerPro and didn't cast as well.

Last night I spooled up with some PowerPro on this rig and will be keeping the Crystal on the spare spool in case I need to use it.

When the Crystal was introduced, it was supposed to be "new and improved"

No Fireline is braided like Powerpro, it's all fused.

Asked if there's any difference, I'd say that I tried two spools of Crystal, and thought that the new line didn't separate as quickly/badly as the original did.

One thing I guess everyone knows is that the Fireline is thicker, for a given weight than PowerPro.

All Spectra lines come with fabric finish on them. The fiber doesn't absorb or hold dye, so eventually the line fades.

I fined all of these lines a little too stiff right out of the box. A day of casting improves them all a lot.

As for the Crystal line and the new Spider Invisabraid, being less visible or invisible etc. I'm not sure about that. It looks like butcher string in the water to me...But I don't think that it matters to the fish. I'm catching Crappie on red ten pound test Powerpro, but my little friend Natalie is doing just as well using 30 pound grey Fireline.

I use Fireline on some reels but never tried the Crystal. Is it any good?

I wouldn't recommend FL Crystal to anyone. That line frays something awful. It casts good but that's about it. The other super lines are more sensitive and thinner in the same test rating.