Fishing this morning

Hey whats the difference between a Mennonite and a Hudderites? All I know is they wear these weird hats and don't believe in fighting for our country. But they love to shop for the most modern of things. Did they have fishing rods?

Two of my old customers Levi and Tobias had it all Loomis and Sage flyrods. Top end shimano equipment. Mennonites love fishing. They work very hard and when it was time to play they wanted the best equipment.

As to the difference between Mennonites and Hutterites their beliefs are fairly similar. Mennonites stay in seperate family units spread out over a large community. Hutterites are much more cult like, I use to rent a farmhouse from them. They were very nice friendly people but they all lived in one huge complex. They all followed their "leader". David Koresh and the Branch Dividians were an offshoot of a hutterite community. My ex, myself and my son went swimming at the Brethren community pool once. Ive never seen so many extra, fused, and malformed fingers and toes in my life. They were always looking for fresh genetic stock.

I cam remember fishing for pike on the St. Lawrence back several years ago. The tactic used to be tossing red & white or 5 of diamond spoons in the shallows....everyone was doing it, with good success. People were catching numbers of fish. Then as time went on more and more anglers started to complain there were no fish left. Nobody including my friends and I were catching numbers like we used to. Then a buddy and I stumbled on to a tactic where we fished deeper water with bucktail jigs. We were having 20 to 40 pike days with several in the 10lb. range. I remember one day we sat in the boat in the deep channel leading out of Crysler Marina pulling in fish after fish.....in the meantime anglers in just about every boat heading back in to the marina complained to us about the poor fishing. We just kept our mouths shut and kept fishing.

But.....over the next few years we started telling our friends about the bucktail jig tactic, next thing you know....everyones doing it. And guess what.....bucktailing jigs in the deep water no longer produces like it did when we first started using it.

The above is by no means scientific research, but I think the people that complain that our fisheries are in decline should try changing tactics once in a while.

Why are you all making fun Mennonites? :o

It seems like you guys aren't even particular about who you discriminate against.

Damn there are some r@cist $%^%s on this board

You guys really suck.

It would certainly seem that way.. I can assure you however that that's not the case. You might want to reconsider those words there mate. You're sturring up old sludge that would have been best left to settle.

HD

Yup, I found some of the comments went waaaaaaay over the line too. Really dissapointing.

Do we have to make fun of people who are different or we don't understand? Why do some feel the need to group everyone all together and automatically assume they overharvest fish and fish without a licence.

Man...

Hudderites= they live as a collective,where they all work for the colony, have very few modern day gadets,ie:no tv, radio,micro waves, work eat and live as a group (like the BORG)

Mennonites= live and farm as individuals, have modern equiptment, but have a strong set of religious values.

Yamish= Do not use power equiptment, no cars,no trucks, no tractors, but will let others use modern things to get their goods to market, they as well live in a colony setting where the elders decide everything as a collective.

Hudderites and Yamish would never be allowed to buy a fishing licence, and in most colonies their have their own stocked ponds.

Yup, I found some of the comments went waaaaaaay over the line too. Really dissapointing.

Do we have to make fun of people who are different or we don't understand? Why do some feel the need to group everyone all together and automatically assume they overharvest fish and fish without a licence.

Man...

Generalisations aside, this thread is from May 10th and should never have been open for discution. I finds these threads bring out the worst in otherwise good people.

If this thread is still in circulation, it's because no lines were crossed and it was kept somewhat clean. JB, you just told everyone here that we sucked. Why is that I wonder?

Enlighten me.

HD