Scugog Ice Report

trparker

Could somebody let me know what the ice conditions are like out on Scugog. I'm extremely desperate to catch some eyes. Maybe "fishnsled" could help me out it. The pictures of the frogs on the ice appeared to show somewhat thick ice (you can't see through it). Anyways I'm hoping to go up there this weekend so if anybody has been there lately could you let me know.

What clampet said! Ice isn't even safe up in Temagami....except for a few small back lakes....sure isn't safe on the Bog.

+8C yesterday and I just came in from splitting wood wearing just my overalls..no jacket. Definitely not making ice today.

I desparately wanted to be on Scugog for the walleye opener. Generally for the opener we fish a shallow bay...5 ft deep at the most...on the west shore. I did an advance scout Dec 31 in the afternoon. There was shore ice maybe 100 yards out into this Bay....then open water.

All we have done since December 31 is lose more ice. Nobody wants to get on Scugog more then me. I'm just dieing for ice. With the long range weather they are predicting it doesn't appear that this will happen anytime before mid month....probably much later.

Hey I'm very disappointed, but safety comes first... and right now it is completely unsafe. Be patient ice will come.

Hey Walleyeguy,

My buddy told me that the lake was not safe at all. Shoreline ice for the most part and open water in the middle. With the warmer temps forcast for the week and into next, I think that we are a long way off from any kind of ice fishing in southern Ontario. :( Entrophy and others are doing an update HERE for Scugog. Be safe!

Edited by fishnsled

Talked to a guy today who has family in Timmins.

He said they just got a bit of snow recently, when normally the sledders

have been scooting around for a month or more by now.

I'd like a blast of -30 Celcius temps for 4 days,

then -5 to -10 Celcius for the rest of the winter to maintain the ice.

I couldn't care less about the snow. Just bring on the cold.

Yesterday morning there was ice from shore to shore on the Caesarea side but only 1" thick. After the warm air and high winds yesterday afternoon and last night there is very little ice left. I will try to attach a photo I have taken today. It looked like the boat launch a Caesarea was open water today where it was all frozen yesterday.

Al

The east side of the lake is pretty much wide open. There is a bit of shore ice, but no hope of standing on it for a while yet.

I might launch the boat there tomorrow if simcoe is too rough...........maybe this wind will push the ice away from the shore I want to launch from......

Sinker