Superfish!

This could be an interesting show on PBS Buffalo channel 17 this evening at 8pm:

Marine biologist-filmmaker Rick Rosenthal documents billfish (marlins, sailfish and swordfish), whose numbers have dwindled over the past 50 years from overfishing. Included: off Mexico's Contoy Island, he finds thousands of sailfish feasting on sardines.

Superfish

WNED

Pikehunter.... thank you! That was an awesome piece of cinematography! ... that baby Marlin was amazing.... that man has a knack for the camera. Simply amazing in HD...

Who would have thought Marlin and Seals hunted together... or that Sharks would have been below his feet

Thanks again for the heads up... an amazing show

G

I watched the show, it was pretty cool to see the fish so up close in thier natural environment. I am a billfish fanatic so I found it pretty interesting. Thanks for letting us know it was on

Mike

No problem. I'm glad all enjoyed the show, I have always been fascinated by sailfish and marlin. The Old Man and The Sea was a favourite story of mine when I was a kid and I can still remember seeing billfish come in on charter boats from when I was the age I was in my avatar picture.

There were some amazing scenes in that show. The schools of sailfish and schools of dolphin were incredible. And the size of the red squid! But really sad state of the billfish population off the S. American coast.

Edited by pikehunter