16 Mile Creek

Mattones

I havent gone fishing in almost 9 years so I bought myself a new rod today. Since moving to Burlington from Barrie

When I come home from work I drive along Dundas(HWY 5)coming back to Burlington and always see cars parked along Dundas where the 16 Mile Creek passes. I was wondering if that area of the creek is decent to catch some fish? is not where about along the 16 Mile Creek is a good spot:)

Also what fish have you or hear that people have caught along the creek?

there is bridge construction at dundas and 16 mile so you may have to head up stream or down?

the lions vally park entrance is closed for what looks like another year.

cheers!

Oh really construction eh? I see cars parked along Applbey heading to Milton. i may try there then:)

Thanks.

I live on the river at the area in question, fishing has been OK, stressing OK, on the lowest part of the river at hwy 5 fishing has been very below average this year.

Smed

The 16 Mile does not get anything close to the runs of salmon & steelhead that Bronte & Credit get. The run that it does get is spotty at best. I think that the 16 Mile is slightly colder than Bronte and the Steelhead could last a little longer there.

Are you certain that it is the 16 Mile where you are seeing vehicles? More likely it is the Bronte, usually Bronte gets a lot of activity this time of year whether the steelhead are long gone or not.

All the Oakville creeks are pretty much done, was a pretty crappy run this year for all the rivers in the west and most got blown out early with the warm snap before season opened.

16 Mile does get a good early fall run at the end of July every year, makes for fun pier fishing for a week.

Edited by CLofchik