Fishing Trips for This Year; Let's Hear Them!

Golfisher

Now that we've had our fair share of marshmellow talks, how about discussing upcoming fishing trips for this year?

I'm giving Gowganda another try this year, but waiting a couple of more weeks from the walleye opener before heading out to avoid this:

IMG_5077_resize.jpg

Man, was it shocker to wake up to that. LOL.

So, where is everyone else heading?

Edited by Golfisher

I've already got a couple trips on the go for May-June. I'm going to be heading up to Sioux Lookout at the end of May-Early June for five days and hopefully catch some nice Walleye and trophy Pike. I'm really excited about that trip. Also I'm going to be going up to around North Bay to a friends cottage on the May two-four long weekend, and It's gonna be nice to get out there and do a little Walleye and Pike fishing too..

During June, July and August, I'm probably going to have a few weekends up around Georgian Bay, and probably one more trip to the North Bay area before the summer's done..

2008 is going to be a great year for me.. I'm pumped!

Two trips for me this year ... maybe a few around my home-town area.

JUNE: Lakair GTG. (I'll have to bring my roasting marchmellows).

SEPTEMBER: One week of musky fishing (hopefully catching too) then drive over to Eastern Ontario and meet up with Dad for a week of Bass fishing on the Rideau.

33rd Annual Invitational Bass Classic in June

Misty Cove get together on West Arm in August.

7th Annual FishGuts Fall Classic on West Arm in September

Anual CRAIG family nostalgic Musky trip at Trent River in October.

BPS Associate Tournies at:

Gloucester Pool

Pigeon

Dalrymple

Balsam

and hopefully qualify for the BPS Classic on Couchiching in October.

Plus my Canadian Toonie Tournaments at:

Bellwood

Buffalo

Lake O Salmon

Port Maitland

Port Colborne

Hamilton Bay

Balsam

Crystal Beach

You're all welcome to join us for the Toonie Tournies.

Plus a few other trips still in the planning stages. :Gonefishing::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Just two planned so far because my partner is having surgery this year.

1) French River with my two sons, staying at Sand Beach Lodge end of June

2) Fly-In trip with Air Ivanhoe, will be fishing Nemegosenda Lake middle of July.

Hopefully at least one or two more trips to beautiful ONTARIO :)

Freeze my :asshat: off this weekend doing the opener on Quinte. I think Lexx invited me just to have someone along to share the misery with.

Then a wedding in Thunder Bay in early June hopefully means a day or two on the Kam river

And then the annual boys trip to Lac des Milles Lac in late August, can't wait

773014514_62914cde76.jpg

Freeze my :asshat: off this weekend doing the opener on Quinte. I think Lexx invited me just to have someone along to share the misery with.

Then a wedding in Thunder Bay in early June hopefully means a day or two on the Kam river

And then the annual boys trip to Lac des Milles Lac in late August, can't wait

Sounds like fun Sean. Maybe we could hook up for a few hours on the Kam when you're in town? I have the boat, and I'm only minutes from the Montreal St. launch. Keep it in mind.

Lake Nipigon in two weeks!!! Can't wait.

Here's a shot of last years trip. :thumbsup_anim:

maylong2.jpg

NASTY!!!

Algonquin in May, Northern Ontario Specks early June, Musky opener In the French River System in Mid June followed by the rest of the trips up there once a month through the season. Probably do Auroras again in October.

French River for May long weekend and a week over the Canada Day holiday.

August Civic Holiday weekend in Rideau Ferry on the Big Rideau

One more week at the French River still to be determined.

Rest of the summer, working to pay for the gas for above trips with the family.

August Civic Holiday weekend in Rideau Ferry on the Big Rideau

Hey Steve Paul. Where abouts do you stay in Rideau Ferry ? That's where my wife and I have been going on the Rideau for 7 or 8 years running now. We stay with Doug & Maggie Moore right there at Maple Crest near the bridge. Short walk across the road, down over the bank, to the boats.

Doing my first fishing trip into Canada at the end of May. Heading up to lake Nungesser just north of Red Lake and staying at Angler's Kingdom lodge,keeping my fingers crossed that the ice will be melted in time for our trip so i can catch a few of those monster shallow water spring Pike. Also will be making quite a few trips out on lake Erie in a buddies boat looking for some Smallies and Walleye.

Hey Steve Paul. Where abouts do you stay in Rideau Ferry ? That's where my wife and I have been going on the Rideau for 7 or 8 years running now. We stay with Doug & Maggie Moore right there at Maple Crest near the bridge. Short walk across the road, down over the bank, to the boats.

Rich

My brother lives there - this pic is right in front of his house - recognize the bridge??

med_gallery_67_323_57898.jpg

If you head up his way look for the Cruisers boat with the Green top and the moose statue at the end of the dock taking a leak into the lake - that is his house

May 22nd - 27th we are taking the tin boat across Temagami with the canoe in tow, and camping near Kokoko Lake. We will fish Kokoko, and a couple of the smaller lakes surrounding it, for pike, walleye and hopefully some brookies and lakers. And of course, we'll do a bit of fishing on Temagami.

My first week off in a couple years...I'm already losing sleep over it!