Crappie

BMW

if anyone has any info it would be greatfully apreciated as i have never caught these fish before. thanks

And while you're at it could you provide the "best" Pike, Bass and Walleye lakes! - actually forget the lake just send the GPS co-ords!! :lol::devil:

Guest skeeter99

fished all the kawartha's rice/tri lakes etc. they are okay BUT!!!

scugog is now by far the best for both numbers and size and they seem to bite all the time unlike the rest of the kawartha's

the only lake that beats it for size and numbers is a little lake just north of lake balsam, and NO!!! i am not going to tell you which lake it is

fished all the kawartha's rice/tri lakes etc. they are okay BUT!!!

scugog is now by far the best for both numbers and size and they seem to bite all the time unlike the rest of the kawartha's

the only lake that beats it for size and numbers is a little lake just north of lake balsam, and NO!!! i am not going to tell you which lake it is

Did you hit the bog for opener this year? I've heard mixed reviews about the crappies in there. We did well with them thru the ice, but haven't tried on openwater. A buddy who lives on teh lake said it was slow this year compared to last......just wondering how you made out if you did fish it?

Sinker

Guest skeeter99

it was great just had to hit the warmer water, the canals down in pine point were loaded on the weekend, this cold will probably mess it up though

Last year while fishing Stoney Lake I caught several LARGE Crappie while fishing for walleye on a black bucktail jig in late June. That kind of tells me that lake has some potential for a good crappie population to be sought after in the spring. Since that was the only time I was on that lake I can't say anything more about it except it also did have a VERY good largemouth population also. I know I would at least target some warm back bays at this time of the year if I lived closer.

Good Luck Crappie Hunting,

Bob

it was great just had to hit the warmer water, the canals down in pine point were loaded on the weekend, this cold will probably mess it up though

I hear ya.

This cold sucks.

Looks like the pickeral opener is gonna be a hot crappie bite......I've yet to hit the bog for crappies on openwater.....and its the closest lake to me!! I can be at pine point in like 20 mins.

Sinker