for the people that didn't get their operator cards yet...

BFSC Kevin

when is this ACTUALLY coming into effect?

I got my card way back in like 1998 or 1999. They said "ohh you better get it, its going to be mandatory".

Yup...its been really useful the past 10 years!!!!!!

Yet another money grabbing scheme from our lovely gov't.

I am surprised they havent started the "graduated boat licensing system" yet.

TIP: Certificates for boating safety courses completed before April 1, 1999 will be recognized. If you've already taken a course prior to these regulations - and have proof - then that course certificate or card will be accepted as proof of competency!

(from operatorscard.ca)

Glad to know that they aren't making me re-do the test!!! :rolleyes:

anyone know how to get a replacement card

Have had mine about 8 years and its in 3 pieces!

tb

If you contact the place where you got it with your card number, they should be able to issue you a new one. The site I got mine doesn't exist anymore so I'm not sure what you would do. I do believe that there was one site that bought a bunch of the others so you might have to call around if you can't find your site.

Our lovely gov. doesn't get any $ from operators cards.

Its against the rules to write the test at home, it looks like they're trying for one last kick at the can before they shut down.

Some of these outfits kept records and some don't so make lots of copies of your card.

I think that I'll just take a chance and not get one. I haven't been stopped by any authority in my boat ever. I'm still trying to figure out when my gun registration and POL is due, or if it in fact does come due, and if I have to pay for it or not. Screw them I say. If they want to fine me, so be it.

I think that I'll just take a chance and not get one. I haven't been stopped by any authority in my boat ever. I'm still trying to figure out when my gun registration and POL is due, or if it in fact does come due, and if I have to pay for it or not. Screw them I say. If they want to fine me, so be it.

Atta boy Dan!!

I agree.

I broke down and did everything by the book though, but I can't afford to pay any fines, and I can't afford to lose my guns or hunting license.........and I don't need the hassles if it ever came down to it.

I've never been asked to see my boaters card, or my PAL. Just hunting fishing licenses. The only time the PAL is needed is to purchase ammo, or a new gun. Other than that, nobody wants to see it.

Just more rules to help the stupid people from hurting themselves.

Sinker