just home from a trip to Cabelas

grt1

The wife and I just got home from a trip to Owattana and thc Cabelas store, we also hit Gander Mountain, Dick's sports and Mills Fleet and Farm. It pays to shop around.

I got a hummingbird 565 for the wife's fishing position on the back of the boat at fleet & farm for $175, (cabela's and bass pro wanted $199). picked up a eagle 640c for the front of the boat (where I direct the action) for $449 at cabelas. got a new mk510 battery charger, several baits (sonars & cicada's) , a new drift sock (reg $70 for $35) at cabelas. ram mounts for the depth finders and a universal sonar cord for the 640c.

Got a deal on the optimax engine oil, $30 for a gallon, here in red lake the marinas charge $60 a gallon, so i grabbed 4 of them .

Too bad I can only make the trip once a year , maybe it wouldn't run $1000 a trip for fishing gear.

I LOVE Cabela's and it's probably better there is no store anywhere near me and all my purchases are mail order.

I probably spend between 2-3K each year on stuff from Cabela's but that includes hunting and clothes plus Christmas gifts.

What I like is they have always stood behind what they sold. NEVER had a problem with sending something back even after it's 6-7 months old. I wish more companies were like that.

Bob

When you guys travel back over the border do you have to declare the purchases made in the USA and do you get charged a duty fee ? ? ? If so that would really cut into the savings eh :)

Bob

Depends if the goods are declared or not :) :) Should they be? Yes.. Have I had bouts of amnesia when buying things in the US and bringing them back over the border? Many times....