30lb Spiderwire question.

nancur373

Two years ago i used that kinda of line but it was like 15lbs or something and was in a purple box , absolutely hated it .

-It tangled way to easy

-When i casted i saw my line was coiled

-It also frays easily i found

I'm back to Triline now

Good Luck

Little Agnler

On most muskie and pike setups you'll find super lines.. Spiderwire, Power Pro, Fireline etc...

I run 20lb Spiderwire on my baitcast setup for pike last year. No complaints other then the line did discolour quite a bit from it's original shade. I am going to respool with the same line, but start from the other end (So this year the untouched line close to the spool will be the line hitting the water). Can't beat the super lines for strength or lack of stretch.

I decided not to go with the spiderwire and bought Power Pro 40lb instead. Is this too heavy?

You gotta remember 40lb Power Pro has the diameter of what, 10 or 12lb? It's not to heavy at all...

I think I am going to run SpiderWire Ultracast Invisi-Braid on my muskie setup this year(as suggested by a seasoned pro), or 50lb PPro. As for leaders, I think I'll let the guys at JB's set me up with some flouro or titanium single strand leaders.