Bimini top alternatives

Radnine

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone has ever seen an alternative to the “Bimini top” on a fishing boat. They look a bit like a plumber’s nightmare.

I was thinking more of an umbrella arrangement that would plug into one of the seat bases; no poles, no rigging, no strings attached.

Has anyone seen anything like this?

Jim

I've always wanted a clip on or portable type top just to cover a side console area, for fall/rainy/sunny days. I've never seen such a rig that wasn't custom built but I bet it would sell if someone produced a portabe one size fits all sort of thing to cover a side console. Almost like a portable fishing hut that just fits around the console.

Edited by GbayGiant

I use to have a boat with no top................and that's exactly what I used (2 patio table unbrella's) and they worked great ................1 in the bow of my boat that went in the planner board mast holder and the other the driver just held on to..............wasn't pretty but it sure worked good................Jeff

i've used (and keep in the boat) a pair of umprella's that came with a clamp and bend able section, that i use to attach to my console. This gives me some shade when re-tying or lunching(mmmmmm lunch!). They quickly remove as well when changing fishing locations. I've also seen some that attach to your fishing seat.....but i always wondered about the casting and setting of the hook..what a nightmare.

Thought about it for about 10 seconds and here is what I came up with, may even use it myself!:

-Buy cheap dome tent with square bottom that is a one step setup.

-do you see where I am going with this?

-cut the bottom out

-mount holders on your boat....for poles and guy ropes.

-mount tent on boat and open the doors....instant archway!

-for added stability have a plank that slides out of each side to tighten additional guy ropes

naahhhhh, that will never work. forget I typed it. It is probably illegal.

forrest