Billy Bob's Bait

Bernie

Nothing really concrete there (doesn't give specifics), but the implications are bad. I wish there was more info and I'll reserve my final judgement until then. Having said that, if that was my local shop, I'd have some questions for him.

Edited by kennyman

Been there many times.Always had good service and they always put my order aside when called in advance. I know they rely on the bait from Lake Erie as do many northern bait shops, not all but many.With the on going ban there has been many problems. I know the fisheries on Lake Erie are no happier than the guys up north. Hopefully he didn't go to astray with the law, cause he is a decent guy.

Like Roy says not enough info for a good opinion, just my take on it? False and misleading info? Bait were brought in from another area and not caught locally? and tried to hide the fact? No clue if it is what happened.

I have bought bait fish, minnows in Ontario and had to pass on the game fish, some bait store employee`s just didn`t seem real knowledgeable about what was a minnow.

When my parents wrapped up their hobby shop 30 odd years ago they sold the tackle to Billy Bob's. When we lived in North Bay it was right on the way to the cottage, if we didn't get our bait there it was Charlie's, he had his own bait ponds right on the property. If you couldn't catch walleye at "the point" on a June bug and minnow then they just weren't bitin'. Simpler times.

I just moved to North Bay and only got out ice fishing once around here. I got my bait from Bob's. Six bucks a dozen, emerald shiners. Ended up catching some nice fish with them. Will I go back, not if I find some place cheaper!

Discount bait&tackle, is at the intersection of the HWY and Trout Lake Rd. They are open but I don't think I would go there, too many drug busts in that apartment complex. Not sure if the one on Trout Lake is still open. I go to Big Ed's in Callander.