Need Help ....NF

Meely

Hello Gang,

I am looking to upgrade my computer skills.

I would like to take a course in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.

Not looking for a degree in each course but rather basic/intermediate user knowledge.

Can anyone refer me to a school/organization that provides such courses?

I am located in the GTA. I have been told the Learning Annex provides such courses but have not been able to find any info.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Meely

PS.......Of course I will use all the above courses to manage/handle all my fishing reports this summer. (There !!...Now its fishing related.. :whistling: )

You may want to consider George Brown courses. I believe that you can find evening courses as well. Lots to chose from, your location may be a determining factor.

As this will be I'm assuming information for your personal use, versus a career situation, publicly funded course may suit you better than "private firms".

HH

Debbe is currently taking a microsoft word/excel course at Durham College here in Oshawa. Every Tuesday night. She picked a class that will be done before May 1st so it doesn't interfere with any time spend in Caygeon this summer. She is very happy with the course and has learned a lot of practical useful things that have made her job at work much easier. I know Oshawa is out of your way Meely, but I'm sure a college closer will offer up the same classes. Like I said she is enjoying it and learning something to boot. I'm still a looooonnnggg way from being computer savy, so it's good that one of us has a touch of the geek going for them.

Just a heads up though, don't be thinking you will have a room full of college kids. Everyone in Debbe's class is 35+ Middle agers just trying to upgrade there skillz.

Good luck with it Meely. I used to have an old neighbor who told me "Knowledge is a good thing, and it's not heavy to carry around with you". I always liked that phrase.