carbon build up

workwear

Spray a LITTLE Brake Clean through the carb when running along the dock. Just don't use too much at a time. If Brake Clean doesn't clean it out nothing will.

You will immediately hear the motor open up and it will bring a smile on your face.

Edited by Billy Bob

My uncle took his boat and motor to a marine dealer here for years, always got the same story, carbon build up on the heads, and a charge for removal and cleaning. Funny though the original paint seal on them had never been broken, my brother noticed it, and my uncle changed marine dealers.

thxs guys...its a fuel injected so i cant spray anything into the carb......i looked no barb....lol...anyways i look at that cleaner fly boy recomended...........my bud who is a mechanic says i should never use additives.....hell i dont know......to use or not to use....i guess this is the question

Acdelco makes stuff called "cleens combustion chamber cleaner" it is an arousal. I have used it to clear up engine misfires where carbon build up on valves was the problem. Spray it in to the intake with the engine running. I have also had good luck with seafoam in a spray bottle sprayed in to the intake.

good luck

travis

It doesn't matter if you have fuel injection the motor still sucks air and that's where you want to spray in some Brake Kleen or whatever you decide on. But as I said before just spry a little bit at a time until you hear the engine open up and you will.

Bob

i'll second the GM KLEENS product, they have 2, one is an aerosol can and you spray it in the intake of the motor, and one is a liquid that you suck up through a vacuum line. its alot like seafoam but i've found it works better, i use it on anything with a motor. you use about half to 2/3 of the product, a little at a time revving the motor a bit above idle then when the bottle is almost gone suck it up until the engine stalls out. wait 20 mins or so and fire up the motor... be outside somewhere as it'll smoke.... A LOT!!!!!

should eliminate any pinging, poor performance etc. i found the motor will be a bit more powerful and fuel consumption gets a bit better (in these days, every bit helps)

I have used seafoam, and it is great stuff. I also use Mercury Power Tuner once in a while for a quick fix. Its pretty good too, but I like the seafoam better. I just mix the seafoam in a gallon of gas and let er rip until its gone.

The power tuner you spray in the intake until the motor stalls, let it sit for a half hour, then take er for a rip at WOT until the smoke clears.

Both work great.

The super tuner is available at any mercury dealer. I find its easier to get than the seafoam.

Sinker